Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a campain comin up involing Tau and Traitor IG fighing against Nurgle. My Igs need to pull something out of there hat to survive this canmpain and well i was thinking about the Super heavy wepaons of IG. I'm talking about the BaneBlades and Gun enplacement, and maybe a plane or 2. :shifty: The fine makers of the IG armory models aren't too expenive for me. So, before i spend even more money on the armour book i need to know as much of it's contents as possible, as well as your opionion. Help. Please.

:ninja:

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
Well, it includes the flyers (maruaders, vultures etc), all the super heavies (most are dased around the baneblade) and a few titans.

I don't think I can say much more without breaking forum rules.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Go look at the forgeworld website, see what models you like, and the description will tell you which book to get.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah but do you think its a good idea or should i just get 3 leman russes in my army? is the baneblade a legal in an army? what choices are the small gun enplacements? does the babeblade take 2 choices cuz its so big?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Bladeweaver said:
yeah but do you think its a good idea or should i just get 3 leman russes in my army? is the baneblade a legal in an army? what choices are the small gun enplacements? does the babeblade take 2 choices cuz its so big?
You can only field a baneblade with opponent's permission. It also requires a second FOC, so it's not legal for most normal lists.

I'd start with 3 Leman Russes. If you really like the FW stuff, pick up a couple of their custom turrets. The exterminator turret is nice. My current list uses 2 normal russes and a LR Exterminator with hull and sponson heavy bolters + a pintle heavy stubber. It gets up to 14 shots per turn and absolutely shreds anything not in power armor.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Ylide said:
You can only field a baneblade with opponent's permission. It also requires a second FOC, so it's not legal for most normal lists.

I'd start with 3 Leman Russes. If you really like the FW stuff, pick up a couple of their custom turrets. The exterminator turret is nice. My current list uses 2 normal russes and a LR Exterminator with hull and sponson heavy bolters + a pintle heavy stubber. It gets up to 14 shots per turn and absolutely shreds anything not in power armor.
Gotta think though, he's playing against Nurgle CSM. Swapping out the Battlecannon for an Exterminator is just a loss of efficiency.

On the Forgeworld rules, we can't tell you anything specific as that breaks copyright. However buying Forgeworld just to fight a particular opponent is a bad idea, especially as all Imperial Armour can only be fielded with opponent permission. If I turned up to fight a battle and my opponent announced he had decided to field a Baneblade and a couple of flyers, I'd tell him where to go.

I'd just design a normal IG list with an anti-MEQ slant (which is generally just a normal IG list...). Three Leman Russes, pack in a load of Plasma Guns, Lascannon Heavy Weapon teams, Deep-Striking Storm-Troopers with Meltaguns. Write up your army list and post in the army list section. I'm sure plenty of IG vets would be willing to help you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts