Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
idont know but imperial guard list with around 4-6 tanks how to over come this problem please help send some anti-tank list i think that will help to kick me A**hole to friend off my:cute:

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
This should be perfect for nids, just load up on thropes and hive guard. If he runs Chimeras/valks, use 6 hive guard and 3 thropes, if he runs russes or hellhounds, use 6 thropes and 3 hive guard.

If thats not availble, flyrants, trygons and the occasional lictor make good hunters, and if he runs valyries/vendettas, use AG hormaguants to glance his vehicles to death.

Just be aware of Ap3, it will puch a large whole in a lot of your big bugs.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thx he runs valkyrias and russes but i shall test yor tip here but then it come to a smalller problem i suck to make eny good list and right now i feel for a To-cheesy-list can you help me writh a list to spank my friends ass ^^

·
Registered
43 Posts
I play IG alot, they're my first 40k army. Warriors with rending, stealers, any TMC - especially if it can fly over my wall of wounds I use to protect my tanks - and the biggest nid guns are all annoying, and very effective tank hunters.

Though, in my experience, bug shooting is horrific against my IG infantry, it's almost useless against the armour 14 of a Russ - your new lancey power really gets on my nerves, but again - a wall of infantry can lasgun it away before it can blast my tank to ruin. More or less, you'll need to wade in through whatever they're spewing out - and charge the crap out of it. A few heavy VC's have a chance at causing damage, but nothing more than a Crew Stunned result at best. But, as long as it isn't shooting it's isn't shooting your warriors with that nasty battle-cannon, or worse.

Summary; Take a zoanthrope, Lance its pants off. Failing that, a heavy VC shooting it might stop it shooting back, and just charge it with, well, anything better than a gaunt. Lictors work quite well for this, so long as they don't get shot up first.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
okey hormaguants lictors zoanthropes and all-off MC hmm darn why a thats so hard to bullout a good list from this codex -.-

·
Registered
38 Posts
TYRANNOFEX! S10 48" Range! 2 SHOTS! I know hes expensive so only run him in large lists but hes so amazing getting tank kills on turn one! Just make your opponent afraid of him and he will focus fire on him, like literally put him in the middle of the table! He does have T6 W6 and with regeneration (i know more points) he may be on the board longer so your "closer" units like zoans and hive guard can flank with cover and take everything else out. This tactic worked for me against SW and my opponent was left crying when I killed his land raider on turn one and the rest by turn 3.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Dude here is what you do: Run three Zoanthrope, three Hive Guard, one Tyrannofex with a rupture cannon, and a Hive Tyrant armed with a heavy venom cannon and Tyrant Guard. You will have four different units to take down tanks. If you don't have any Hive guard, then make the Zoanthrope three broods of one. This will give you better flexibility, and more targets for your opponent to shoot at.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Actually I've had great luck with Ymgarl Stealers. Just five is fairly cheap and then just throw them at the juiciest tank target. Choose to up their strength. I destroyed two russes in a squad in one turn. Point wise it was almost a three to one trade off (they were very fervently wiped off the table in the next turn). Give your tyrants the Hive Comm abililty and your almost garuanteed to do this on the second turn.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
TYRANNOFEX! S10 48" Range! 2 SHOTS! I know hes expensive so only run him in large lists but hes so amazing getting tank kills on turn one!
NOOO! If there was one army id say say not to take a T-fex even more so than normal, its guard, because theyve got the firepower to shoot it back, and fast.

And dont forget, its not acurate enough for its cost, its only BS3, so its quite likley your expensive T-fex is going to miss at a critical moment.

Im with Varlen on this one, really shooting MCs are not the awnsers against guard, you need to hit them where it hurts, up close. If you try to get involved in a firing match, your just going to get out manourverd and outshot.

·
815 Posts
Ah the all-tank guard. Annoying as hell! Here's what I do in a 2000 point list:

Melee flyrant w/ ability to give +1 on reserves.
Walking Melee tyrant with guard w/ ability to give +1 on reserves.
2 dakka fexes in pods.
1 trygon prime.
2-3 zoanthropes in pods.
2-3 hive guard.
maybe 1 lictor for another +1 to reserves.
Fill out the rest with troops of gaunts and warriors.

Deploy most everything you have in reserve. Hide the hive guard inside a building within 24 inches of the guard. Fly your tyrant up as must as possibe while keeping it in cover. On turn two start dropping your army into their tank line. Make sure to drop in close enough so your pods can use their guns. Open fire with the dakka fexes and trygon on any troops or light tanks. (Nothing higher than AV12, AV10 if you can work the angles.) You're looking at 24 S6 twin-linked dev shots plus trygon's 12 S5 shots. That should clear some guard so you can get working on the tanks the next turn.

After that start using the trygon hole to bring up some troops as needed. Dedicate the trygon, carnifex and hive tyrant to tank duty. Any tank will crumple fast to a charging fex. If you've played it well you should be on cleanup duty by turn 4. If not well...

You can try different loadouts on your fexes for different results. However I've found that it's much more important to take out troops with their las cannons first to keep them from doing too much damage to your fexes/trygon/tyrants. So I've been taking dakka/prime so I can lay down 36 high strength shots vs. their troops and remove as many as possible before I start my assault. Another thing to think about is what hive tyrant powers to take. IMHO one of the best is the power that reduces an enemy unit to WS/BS1 for a full turn. I'll drop that on infantry units I'm not wiping out that turn so it will be pretty ineffective when it does get to shoot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is the problem i constantly see with the game... People teching for a certain army. Nothing makes me angrier than when people know im playing nids and they tech their list out to beat me. This will not make you a better player in the least bit since at tournaments you must bring a all comers list that is ready to go when you walk in the door. At most stores i play at you must have a list ready when you walk in the door, meaning you don't get to tech for what you see when you get there.

I guess in a friend Vs. friend game its alright to tech but it still won't help you any in the long run. Almost every list these players have suggested will lose horribly against any other army except heavy tank imp gaurd, and im sure you realize this.

If you really must tech i would suggest going the deep strike and outflank method to destroy your opponents tanks and infantry. The most imporant thing in this list is having at least one tyrant with hive commander. Whatever else you choose is your own choice. Pyrovores in pods will obliterate his infantry infront of the tanks. Outflanking and deep striking CC warriors do wonders against tanks and infantry that are dumb enough to set up on the side of the board. Trygons are also very good at killing tanks and infantry. Include a sqaud of 2-3 zoanthropes in a pod, and maybe even some hive gaurd for light tanks and you will be making him cry.

Since your clearly playing annihilation you won't need any objective holders like gaunts or tervigons, and you can put all your points into quality tank killers. Just make sure you include things that can wipe out the heavy infantry that gaurd brings to bear.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
You seem to have rather missed the point however. All of us know that a tailored list will do disasterously against anything apart from the list it is designed to beat.

However in this case, the player is asking for a list to beat imperial guard, to play his friend, who uses guard and only imperial guard. Had he asked for a list that would beat any and all opponents then we would all be giving generalised advice, designed to get the best out of his army and or list.

And it maybe that using a tailored list isnt the fairest way to play the game, but from the sounds of it, this guy is a bit of an idiot and needs to be taught a lesson.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
guys your a awsome i think this will help soo i tryed out to make a list off what i have in my box of bugs

HQ

SwarmLord

Elites

x3 Zoanthropes W/ mycetic spore

x3 Zoanthropes W/ mycetic spore

x3 Hive guards
Troops

x 20 termaguants

x 20 termaguants

x 20 termaguants
Fast
x 20 gargolye

x 20 gargolye

Heavy

2 Mawlocs

trygon prime

thats will make it 1990 pts please commit it and make it "better" or more "cheesy" hehehe

·
Registered
193 Posts
Alright mate,

What other models do you have other than those? And are u playing him in a house or a shop?

Do you think he'd let you be abit creative and take ur tyrant as a winged tyrant?

A Winged Tyrants will - be able to leap over the meat shield and get to the tanks
- Keep up with gargs for Synapse
- Be able to move faster into cover untill the rest of ur synapse arrives.. .

You may have to start ur Trygon on the board aswell for added synapse.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
no i wont let me drive my swarmlords as a winged tyrant we play at our lokal hobbey center i have 6 carnifex´s tons off hormaguants and soon 6 raveners for fun and the absolut first edition off the hive tyrant and warriors

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
That list looks really good, and should be able to take on all comers. You really should't have too much trouble with it. If anything I'd replace the Hive Guards with more Zoans in Spores, or the Doom in a Spore. Hive Guard aren't quite as good if you plan on reserving most of your army, as they then are very good T1 targets.

·
815 Posts
One nice thing about hive guard is that you can hide them and still shoot. Just hide them so it will be difficult to shoot them on turn one. Plus if you place them well you can force where your opponent has to move to get LOS on them. Say in a narrow street where his tanks are going to leave their rear open to a turn 2 drop pod attack. IMHO their shooting rule can be used for more than just shooting!

·
240 Posts
I'm not sure but I think this list is one where I'd try and include a harpy or two.. Flying MC with good shooting can deal with both the body screen and the light armor...

Just a thought anyhow..

-Dragons

1 - 18 of 18 Posts