Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Note: I haven't played a game of Warhammer 40k before, criticism is much appreciated, and I AM a TOTAL NOOB!!! So some help would be nice, and if anyone plays near Flint Michigan, plz tell me.

Name: Imperial Templars
Founding Chapter: Records lost-Imperial Fists
Founding: 3rd Founding
Chapter Master: Lucas Immer
Home World: Betherom
Fortress: The Vatican
Main Colors: Black, gold trimmings, captains have gold helments
Battle Cry: "Be Steady, Be calm, Be Relentless!"
Specialty: Ranged Combat
Estimated Strength: 1500
Traits: Calm, Tactical, Resourceful

Special Characters:
Lucas Immer: Chapter Master
Arus Caban: Chief Librarian(Oldest non Dreadnought marine in chapter)
Darren Straut: Master of Sanctity
Polilt Cuther: Venerable Dreadnought

Notes: Trying to make this a non codex chapter... Any Ideas?
Not sure where to put this... Tried to do my research...

Fluff: Brain Storming right now...

The original chapter master was Warren Evecar, chosen to lead the chapter for his courage, and mental stability. Warren was the ideal marine and so was his chapter. But during a battle near the Eye of Terror, Evecar slew a chaos commander who's sword he took as a trophy. The chapter was then moved out of the sector and started He started to use Canter, the sword, more than his storm bolter and any other ranged weapon. Lucas Immer, captain of the first company at that time, took notice of this and was weary of the chaos powers in the sword. During their next battle with chaotic forces, Warren encouraged the scavenging of weapons from chaos forces as trophies. Lucas recommended his company to refrain from the ‘Unforgiving Plunder’ as it would later be called. As the chapter grew closer to the Eye of Terror, Warren became more and more obsessed with his sword. They were joined later by the Ultramarines who urged them to withdraw. Warren reluctantly withdrew and came in contact with another chapter. Evecar became overpowered by the chaos powers residing within the sword and ordered his men to attack the chapter. Most of the chapter became possessed with their chaotic trophies too. The 5th, 7th, 9th, and command companies turned with the Chapter Master. A great battle ensued called the ‘Purge’ and the chapter took heavy casualties. Lucas and twenty of his men boarded Evecar’s ship and there were instantly met by Warren and his command squad. Lucas was armed with a storm bolter and fired 2 bolts from his gun. Warren deflected both and charged Lucas. Lucas was forced to draw his sword but was no match for the chapter master’s refined swordsmanship. Lucas’ sword broke but he grabbed Evecar’s forearm before he could make another strike and with his other arm drew his bolt pistol and fired into the Chapter Master’s head instantly killing him. The rest of the traitor’s command squad was destroyed eventually. The remainder of the traitors fled and still plunder the imporium today.

Organization:
The chapter is organized into 11 companies. After the ‘Purge’ first company became the Crusade Company, and is used to hunt down “The Lost”. The Immer Company, named after the Lucas Immer is the ‘command company’ and doesn’t have a number, it is comprised of veterans from the Purge. The 20 Dreadnoughts in the chapter make up their own 20 man company called The Wescar Wing named after Elisha Wescar, the first dreadnought in the chapter. The 10th company is made of page squads which are the equivalent of scout squads. Apocraphies are called deacons. Each squad has its own name, after its first squad leader, and the company is named after its first captain, after the Purge, the ‘Lost Companies’ were re-organized.
The Immer Company:
The Immer company divided into 2 sections, a veterans section and a non-combat section. The non-combat section is for the 'Great Council' which decides how many companies the chapter will contribute in a war, the chapter master, and some other major chapter issues. This section also includes the chapter's tech marines and champions. The veterans section is reserved for only 'Purge' veterans. Sort of like the Ultramarine tyrannic wars veterans.
Dreadnought Company:
The Wescarer company is made out of 2 dreadnought squad(when i play, i don't think i can make them... input?) Each lead by a venerable dreadnought. The dreadnoughts are accompanied by 2 squads of techmarines.(Yes I know that is alot, not sure if I need them or what?) But Warren Evecar found it would be more efficient to group the dreadnoughts into a company as they would have a combined force and devastating firepower. But there would be the risk of a massive charge and the dreadnoughts being overwhelmed. So Lucas decided to add in 2 terminator squads to try to give the dreadnoughts some light support while continuing the chapter's traditions.
Induction:
Each marine must pass a series of tests and must kill a Betherom dragon offspring single handed. He will only be armed with a combat shield and dagger. The offspring is 6 to 10 ft. long with a wingspan of 20 ft. Its scales have begun to harden so they are virtually impenetrable. But they have a flap in their necks so they can take in extra air before they spew out fire. The candidate must use his dagger to stab the windpipe of the dragon through this flap. But the dragon also has 3 in. talons that could rip a page marine’s armor in half. For those who do pass this test, they then are transferred into test companies called the ‘Reverend’ companies, these are not page marines yet and do not enter battle with the chapter. In this company, they are constantly stressed with live fire drills, hours of physical labors, tactical training, and weapons training. In this company they get 270 hours of sleep, they ration over 3 Terran months. But if they persevere over these three months they will meet the Chapter master who will their hands and share blood. This process was carried down from the Imperial Fists when Rogal Dorn bled his Chapter masters. Out of every Reverend company, around 90% of candidates are killed, and there are around 3 companies at a time. So every three months the chapter gets an injection of 30 Page marines.

Page Marines:
Right after they are bled, they receive their implants in the first month.
In the Page Company, they are armed with sniper rifles and heavy bolters. The chapter rarely uses chainswords and shotguns. After they are interrogated by the Chaplin and an inquisitor, they are given a purity seal and made a standard marine.

Inqusition:

After the 'Purge', (Cont. Tommorow.)
Home world:
Betherom, before ‘Salvation Day’, the day when Warren Evecar arrived, was a crude planet at the far reaches of the Imperium. Technology had not advanced and the planet was made of grasslands. The inhabitants of the planet had technologies that were around during the 2nd millennium (present day), and the planet’s atmosphere was almost toxic with its pollution. The crops were withering, and the people there were dying. Warren was shocked by the crudeness of the humans on this planet and his legion spent its first 500 years just trying to teach the people the modern technology. Soon the air was close to pure and there were many cites, and technology that could support an efficient military.

Chapter Shorts:

Note: is this at all realistic?

·
Thinks he's a big deal
1,233 Posts
Your Chapter cannot be Second Founding. The Second founding were Marines that were part of the original Legions that were split up into Chapters after the Heresy. Those are well documented and there is really no way of excusing yours as such.

10 Companies maximum, or exterminatus.

If a Chapter tried to team-kill the Ultramarines, they would be exterminatused. No exceptions.

The "Reverend" Marines thing is a mix of too much and too little. Marines can go for months without sleeping, Dorn never had them cut off their own hands. Wear a pain glove sure, but not self-mutilation. On the subject, your Chapter would in all probability not have met Dorn himself, as he died well before the Third Founding, the first instance when you Chapter might possibly have come into existence.

The Black Templars have no known successors. On the subject, Templars and "calm and resourceful" don't go quite so well together.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your Chapter cannot be Second Founding. The Second founding were Marines that were part of the original Legions that were split up into Chapters after the Heresy. Those are well documented and there is really no way of excusing yours as such.

10 Companies maximum, or exterminatus.

If a Chapter tried to team-kill the Ultramarines, they would be exterminatused. No exceptions.

The "Reverend" Marines thing is a mix of too much and too little. Marines can go for months without sleeping, Dorn never had them cut off their own hands. Wear a pain glove sure, but not self-mutilation. On the subject, your Chapter would in all probability not have met Dorn himself, as he died well before the Third Founding, the first instance when you Chapter might possibly have come into existence.

The Black Templars have no known successors. On the subject, Templars and "calm and resourceful" don't go quite so well together.
I didn't mean team kill the ultra marines...
Are sure about the 10 companies thing? Don't the spacewolves have atleast 13?
Dorn never had them cut off their own hands. I know that, I meant he cut his hand and the other person cut his or something. I forgot, I read it some where, might have been another legion. Sorry, I'll delete that.
So third founding? Ok, soul drinkers?
On the subject about the Reverend, note that they haven't under gone any special augmentations yet.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
You can't have 3000 Marines. The only Chapter that does are the Black Templars, and they are hiding that from the Inquisition. You need roughly 1000 Marines. Space Wolves get some leeway because of their unquestioning loyalty and because they are a First Founding.

No Librarian Dreadnought. Dreadnoughts cannot use psychic powers.

I assume your Chapter fluff takes place within a century of its founding, because otherwise your Chapter Master may be way too old. Dante is the oldest, at 1100.

If so many of your Chapter Marines became tainted, the Inquisition would come down on you hard. You need some serious detail explaining how your Chapter wasn't purged to prevent further risk.

You can't 'newly manufacture' gene seed. It is almost impossible to grow, and must grow inside a human being. That is why when a Chapter loses a lot of its geneseed it can die, and why the geneseed of fallen Marines is harvested for reuse.

Your 'Lost' idea is very similar to the Dark Angels and the 'Fallen'; ie half the Chapter falls to Chaos, loses, and is forced to flee and be hunted down. Even the idea of the head of the Chaos troops being incarcerated in the Fortress Monastery (Luther in the Rock for the Dark Angels) is similar.

And there is nothing in your fluff about all the genetic enhancements they have to go through, or anything about the Scout phase. The way you talk about it, the 'Reverend' companies go into battle alongside the full Marines (not good fluff, as they aren't nearly as capable as enhanced, power armoured Marines, plus candidates for Marine-hood are all teenagers) and then are inducted into the real companies after the bleeding ritual (no mention of the years of gene-enhancement or the years to be spent in Scout training). Maybe change it so the Reverend Companies are Scout companies, but get rid of the whole sleep ration thing or the ability to drop out; once you try to become a Marine, you either do or you die. And once enhanced, they don't need sleep.

·
Thinks he's a big deal
1,233 Posts
What is a "Page Marine"?

Where do they only have 3 Companies at a time? Total? On their home world?

Expand the bit on the Dreadnought "Company" and explain why it is separate from the Codex Companies; that is, usually Dreadnoughts are part of Companies 1-9.

The implants are always added at the same time. Nothing else would work. They are added during puberty; nothing else has ever worked with any regularity. (So 16 is reasonably dicey.)

Of all Space Marines, only the Salamanders, with their "Cult of Prometheum" are at all kind or paternalistic towards humans. Most Space Marines look down (both literally and figuratively) on normal, un-augmented humans.

Also, welcome to the Grimdark. Leave all of your concepts of "modern technology" at the door, please.

·
Thinks he's a big deal
1,233 Posts
Lexicanum's sources in this regard seem to be information at least 1.5 decades old or no longer on the GW site. Take that how you will.

·
Thinks he's a big deal
1,233 Posts
Right. Cult of Prometheum. Basically, Space Marines live to serve and protect humans, in a symbiotic relationships, (though the Space Marines essentially give everything and the normal humans just give recruits) rather than a "sheepdog" idea of Space Marines - attacking the enemies to keep them away from the herd only marginally more than they attack the herd to keep it in line.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not sure where this next question goes... But lets just say I want to use the black templars codex with this chapter, but I want librarians, what the heck am I supposed to do? Also is it possible to create my own stats for my chapter master and stuff? One more thing, I've never played a game of WH40k so no shame in asking what's CC? Also is Black reach a good starter set I should get?

·
Thinks he's a big deal
1,233 Posts
No Librarians in Templar armies. Sorry. And as far as Chapter Masters go... in a friendly match your opponent might let you play a Chapter Master in a Templars army...

·
Thinks he's a big deal
1,233 Posts
Ok, but do you have any reccomendations for codexes fitting ranged combat? Also is it possible to make your own stats for special characters?
Try the Space Marine codex - it allows for very shooty armies, plus the Captains are very customizable and can be given all sorts of fluff for their loadout.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for your help! One last question, it will come out very very very stupid... I don't even know if i should ask this. Um... Do I cut off the... Do I cut off the bolter handles and stick them on to my space marines? I really didn't get this when I built my first set and it ended up terribly like 2 years ago.

·
Thinks he's a big deal
1,233 Posts
Do they not come attached to the hands of the marines?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.