Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Orkish: Alright boyz, me ol' mek shop dun gon kapoot. Da dumb gitz wit all da teef dun rooned 'em. I feelz like Gork haz abanduned meh... :goat:

Human: Hey guys, the Gameshop (my local hobby store where I get all my models and paints) has closed down and become just an online store because of the crummy economy causing them to be paying more than they are making. I just have a hole in my big green heart because its like a new part of my life was torn away... I will miss them. Stupid economy.....

(for all Canadians)This means I will have to drive from Aurora to Vaughn Mills just to get models!! DX

Worst of all, I missed their last day and last store tournament because I was at a horrible school trip in Quebec. :freaked-out:

Reactions: Process

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yeah, the same thing happened to me. Sadly, I've completly stopped playing because of it (also because my best mate got a girlfriend). I hope things work out for you.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Yeah, the same thing happened to me. Sadly, I've completly stopped playing because of it (also because my best mate got a girlfriend). I hope things work out for you.
Get a girlfriend who plays ;)

Sorry to hear about that, mate. If you've got to shop online, save up a bunch to do bulk to save on S&H.

·
Registered
27 Posts
(for all Canadians)This means I will have to drive from Aurora to Vaughn Mills just to get models!!
The Vaughan Mills Games Workshop is my favorite store within 400 kilometers of my house... too bad I live in Sudbury. Worth the drive if you plan on being there for part of the day. Theres also the new location that replaced the Eaton Center location, although I've never been to it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ahh, I feel your pain guys, I lost my GW local store too... I completely dropped out of the hobby. I'm only just beginning to get back into it now, because I will have my drivers licence soon. I live in Beaudesert, Queensland, and my closest store is either Southport at the Gold Coast (1 and a half hours away, not accounting for horrible traffic) or Mt Gravatt (about the same time but 40 klicks shorter in distance). Damned Global Reccession!!!!!!

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Me too

My local shop just closed too. Damn crumby economy. Now we meet at each other's houses to play, or go to a game store a little further away.

Unlike some others, they were actually doing fairly well, at least with the 40k merchandise. Unfortunately their partner went bankrupt, and they couldn't afford to keep the store open by themselves, so that ended things.

·
Registered
343 Posts
(also because my best mate got a girlfriend)
Just wait until he's married because after that, his wife will be happy to have some time of her won when he's playing Warhammer. ;) Of course, my wife complains about Warhammer, too, but deep in her heart she's happy I keep busy with miniatures and not other methods of entertainment. ;)

·
The Allmighty Chaos Boots
814 Posts
I feel for all you that lost your stores lately. Hopefully the economy departments at GW, I mean "teef kehpersch", will feel better soon and we can all go back to ahving a store near us.

In the meantime maybe you could organize mailorder days with your gaming buds or something?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts