Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Drills baby.
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Right, I kinda got stuck on this model htat I aimed to last weekend and I am now in need of some assistance on how to proceed.

I have been painting this model here, a Morat Infantryman for the game Infinity.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/MightyCamel/Infinity/MoratWIP.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/MightyCamel/Infinity/MoratWIP2.jpg

What I need help in deciding is the colours for the "pads" on his shoulders and elbows and the gyro stabiliser on the gun (that one is kinda hard to see. It is a round black thing on the gun, close to his right hand).

For an example of a finished model I have included a link to the companies version (the pads are red on theirs and the gyro is orange-ish).
http://www.infinitythegame.com/cont...\fotos\070516174328_SuK7.jpg&ALTO=&ANCHO=1223

I will not paint mine like baboons (ie. the face) since it looks silly. I think I will paint them more akin to Tau-ish blue-grey in the face, but the hair will be regular grey.

I have been pondering painting the pads a dark red, but I am not sure. Suggestions?
As for the gyro, I am not sure. Perhaps a bronze or brass tone?

Any and all advice is welcomed.

Ah, also, what do you think about his boots? I was thinking black with grey highlights but I am unsure on that also.

Thanks.

·
LO Zealot
1,744 Posts
Since you have green and yellow, even dark colored, I would make the pads dark blue. Not so dark as blue/black a shade lighter and with lighter blue highlights... The same color I think would look very nice on the gyro stabiliser only there I would use a very light shade of blue to make a huge contrast... ;Y

Hope to see it finished!

·
Drills baby.
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah perhaps perhaps, was thinking something along those lines myself actually.
I have also been suggested to give a darker shade of the yellow-brown pants a go, on both the pads and the boots, to tie the model up, so to say. Thoughts on that?

·
things will change
2,707 Posts
My gut instincts, before reading your post, was:
Dark red pads, and blue-grey skin.

I'm not entirely certain I can see the gyro, but bronze would fit the scheme, not clash with any colours, and look nice and techy.

Reading the post, I agree. Go for it.

-t.

·
Drills baby.
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gah! Now I have 3 different versions I want to try out, red, blue and brown! I have three Morats, but only this one is so much painted. :p
I will probably give the red a go first. Any thoughts on the boots, -t my friend?
And the gyro is the orange sphere-thingy on Corvus Belli's version of the Morats.

·
things will change
2,707 Posts
Ahh, I see.
Yus, bronze would look good, as would the standard 'pad' colour, whatever you decide to do.

I'm struggling to see boots though, aren't those just his legs/feet?

-t.

·
Drills baby.
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Well if you look at the example minis, pained by CB, I'm thiking of those layered, armoured stuff that makes up his lower legs.
There are some skin showing there (his toes, it seems), but I am more intrested in suggestions on the armoured boot-thingys. :D
Edit: no wait, the toes are not showing. His feet is completely armoured. :)

·
things will change
2,707 Posts
Okie then, I guess I would say either black/dark grey (as you suggested), or the same dark green you did the knee pad thingys.
I'm leaning towards dark green, as that way you've avoided unnecessarily adding another colour (ok, ok, tone) to the mix, and you build on what you already have on the model.

-t.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts