Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building a huge Daemonhunters army, almost 2000 points already with a little of everything (puritan) and I've bought 2 chimeras and 2 boxes of Cadians, plus a heavy weapon box. What should I use for a nicely balanced DH force?

·
Registered
21 Posts
2 words. Leman Russ. Place it next to your inquisitor with 2 mystics (or what ever henchman allows you to fire for free at summoned units). Also equip it with the improved coms so you can reroll on getting reserves in. Helps with deep strike and orbital strikes.

·
Registered
266 Posts
definitely crusader; it is just all around more useful. Though it is less anti-tank; if you have, say, a dreadnought with tl lascannons you don't need to worry too much, but if you are facing a great deal of enemy armor the regular land raider mught be more worthwhile.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I think that its very important that we understand that a crusader has great troop killing potential but it laks tank killing guns. GK are good at mowing down most troops...........the problem with a DH army is that, although it has a great deal of troop killing guns, it lacks any heavy tank killing guns. Use your inducted guard with some lascannons and if your going to use a LR use the standered pattern with lascannon sponsons.

I would also like to address the concept of getting a lot of stuff for 250pts....10 GK in power armour are 275pts.......nice.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advice, and although I do indeed have a Dreadnought w/ twin-linked lascannon I'm thinking for now I'll still buy the Land Raider. I may not get the chance to use it anytime soon anyway as I don't get to play very often. For now I'm still thinking more bug guns is what i need so that's what I'm going with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.