Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! Having just recently started playing Warhammer 40k again after a long break, I started building a Sisters of Battle army. I was wondering about the use of inducted marines to mix it up a bit. Any suggestions?

BTW, this is my first post to what seems to be a great Warhammer site. So kudos to all those who have come before me.

·
Registered
593 Posts
You CAN induct marines, but that limits what you can take from the WH codex.

A great explanation of allies / induction rules can be found over on the DemonHunter board:

http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/daemonhunters/71909-member-created-faq-deamonhunters.html

since our ally/induction rules are the same, give them a look.

basically, by inducting marines, you can't take any Sisters or Grey Knights. If you're using WH or DH as your parent list. it pretty much amounts to using 2 Stormtrooper squads for your troops choices, an Inquisitor Lord for your HQ, and Space Marines for everything else.

If you have a SM force, you can ally in SoB's or GK's. However, there are restrictions to how many you can take. If you already own SM's, and want to build a force of SoB's it's not a bad option.

I highly recommend the article from the DH forum. it outlines things rather well.

·
127 Posts
basically, by inducting marines, you can't take any Sisters or Grey Knights
Just to clarify, as the article also points out, it is legal to take WH parent with Space Marines and ally in Grey Knights aswell. Just as long as no sisters are present in the WH parent list.

Along the same line a DH parent with Space Marines may ally in Sisters of Battle. Just as long as no Grey Knights are present in the DH parent list.

So on to the original post, to include sisters of battle and marines together you need to have a Space Marine parent with allied Sisters of Battle.

·
Archmagos
904 Posts
Just note that a parent WH list with Space Marines can however take Repentia and Exorcists, despite them technically being Sisters in the fluff. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.