Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to play fantasy and i want to play as Dwarves (because dwarfs rock!!). Anyway is it hard, what are the phases, what should i buy first, and other info you have about fantasy that i should know.

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
10,982 Posts
The phases are Movement, Magic, Shhoting, Combat. It's a little more strategy based that 40k, you have to be able to keep a strong battleline or your screwed. Also the combat seems to last longer, and it depends on lots more that just how many you killed.

As to what to get first that would be the rules book (either booked set or on own), then read it and get to know the rules, then the Dwarf army book. You have to have 1 character (general) and 2 core. For these I would pick a dwarf character (any will do you him as thane), and 2 boxes of warriors. The warriors can be used either as crossbowmen or warriors with Hand Weapons and Shields or with Graet Weapons (2-handed). You get 16 in each box and can made a full command(Veteran, Standard Bearer and Musician), after these I would pad out your core choices then see what special takes your fancy ie Longbeards, Ironbreakers or Hammerers. Stick your general in this unit. Then I would suggest that you get a runesmith and a cannon, with this you should be able to fight a small battle (1000 and below) and get the feel for the army.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
That's not a comment I like to hear.
I can't say that any army is "bad".

Anyway...
To get the minimum you need at least one Hero choice and two core choices.
The maximum for a standard army(2000points) is 1 lord choice, a total of 4(?) hero choices, a minimum of 2 core choices, a maximum of 3 special choices and one rare choice.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ugh. Another Dwarf player. What a shame. You should have picked a good army
dude dwarves dont suck they rock because short ppl are cool anyway i got the the one hero choice and the two core choices.

·
Registered
317 Posts
They don't 'rock'. They are an alright army perhaps, but I would hardly say they rock. Seeing as how I'm undefeated against them after over, say, 10 games with 4 different guys, I'm not terribly impressed. Slow armies against a much faster army doesn't generally work in Fantasy.

·
Sorcerer
1,532 Posts
Well my dwarfs have a pretty good reputation. There pretty much feared (Well the cannons are :))

·
Registered
317 Posts
Lizardmen are one of the most well rounded armies in the game. They have great close combat abilities (Saurus in close combat are a match for any basic troop in the game), they're magic can match up to anyone's (I'd put it on par with High Elf and Tzeentch Chaos magic if you take a Slann), and they have decent short range missle fire (Salamanders are good, but they used to be better!)

They are a great army, one of the toughest for some armies to beat (Dark Elves have some serious problems against them).

Let me know if there is anything specific you want to know about them :)

·
994 Posts
i am thinking of getting back into whfb i used to have small bretonnian army but it never saw combat so i dont know how to play.

the armies which stick out for me at the moment are vampire counts, tomb kings, choas and lizardmen. can anyone tell me there pros and cons. thanks

·
Registered
707 Posts
Hmmm. The dwarves... Darned bastards =P . They are very very good. Stubborn small tough gits with huge ass scary cannons. They arent reall known for theyr 4000meter dash skills, but they are feared for theyr goodamned resistance.

Again: bastards.

:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
i just completed my fisrt 1000 point army, and I must say that my flame cannon has proved impressive. Anyways, now that the game gets a bit mroe technical I just want to know if getting a gyrocopter is worth it, they look cool but are they any good?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.