Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done it, I've finally got enough models for my Inquisition army to make up a solid 1,500pts army :D

But before its debut game, could people please comment and tell me how I could improve my wargear. Bear in mind I'm only using models I have atm and can't really afford to add to anything right now. Although I can change the WH=][= for a DH one :dance:

HQ
Inquisitor Lord - Brazier of Holy Fire, Power sword, Digital weapons, Frag grenades, Rosarius. PP Word of the emperor, His will be done

Inquisitor Lord Retinue -
Acolyte - Auspex Power armour
Sage
Crusader
Vet guardsmen - Hell pistol & CC weapon
Familiar
Penitent
Chirurgeon

Rhino - Blessed ammunition, Extra armour, Smoke launchers

Grey Knight Grand Master - MC Force weapon, Frag grenades, Psychic hood, Icon of just, Targeter. PP Word of the emperor

Elites
Ordo Malleus Inquisitor - Power sword, MC Power weapon, Bolt pistol, Articficer armour, Icon of just

Vindicare assassin (can swap for callidus assassin at cost of BA on the Rhino)

Troops
Grey Knights x4, Incinerator, Justicar, Auspex, Frag grenades, MC Force weapon

Battle Sister Squad - Flamer, Frag & Krak grenades, Imagifier, Veteran Superior w/ Auspex & Targeter

Heavy Support
Grey Knight Land Raider - Extra armour, Smoke grenades

Total: 1497

·
Hive Fleet Pandora
5,068 Posts
I'll be honest with you. Your army is not so good. It lacks any focus whatsoever. Any army with Grey Knights and Land Raiders is severely short on numbers. You need to "trim the fat", meaning get rid of all the excess gear, to add more numbers. If that means you don't have enough models to play with at 1500, then start off at 1000 or 1250 and go from there.

I've done it, I've finally got enough models for my Inquisition army to make up a solid 1,500pts army :D

But before its debut game, could people please comment and tell me how I could improve my wargear. Bear in mind I'm only using models I have atm and can't really afford to add to anything right now. Although I can change the WH=][= for a DH one :dance:

HQ
Inquisitor Lord - Brazier of Holy Fire, Power sword, Digital weapons, Frag grenades, Rosarius. PP Word of the emperor, His will be done

Inquisitor Lord Retinue -
Acolyte - Auspex Power armour
Sage
Crusader
Familiar
Penitent
Chirurgeon

Rhino - Blessed ammunition, Extra armour, Smoke launchers
What's your Inq+retinue's purpose? He's not shooty. He can't fight worth a lick in cc. Basically he doesn't add anything of value in your army besides take up space and about 200pts.

The best build would be something shooty like this:

Inq Lord - 2x sages, 2x mystics, 3x warriors - 1x plasma cannon, 2x plasma guns, rhino - EA, smokes

Otherwise use his points to beef up the rest of your army.

Grey Knight Grand Master - MC Force weapon, Frag grenades, Psychic hood, Icon of just, Targeter. PP Word of the emperor

Terminators can't take frags or a targeter. IMO Word is not worth taking.

Elites
Ordo Malleus Inquisitor - Power sword, MC Power weapon, Bolt pistol, Articficer armour, Icon of just

Vindicare assassin (can swap for callidus assassin at cost of BA on the Rhino)
The elite Inq is wasted. He'll never be any good in cc. If you want an elite Inq, keep him cheap as heck.

My favorite is:

Inq - Emperor's Tarot, Incinerator (inside a LR with your GM+unit)

Troops

Battle Sister Squad - Flamer, Frag & Krak grenades, Imagifier, Veteran Superior w/ Auspex & Targeter
Get rid of all the excess wargear. If the PAGK's are in the LR, give them 2x incinerators. If not, give them psycannons or nothing at all.

Your battle sisters need either 2x meltas or flamer+heavy flamer and the Book of St. Lucius and transport. That's all. With just 1 FP, no need to give them an imagifier.

Heavy Support
Grey Knight Land Raider - Extra armour, Smoke grenades

Total: 1497
Ok.

You are really weak in the anti-tank department. The trend in 5th is mech. Besides the GKLR, you have no way to really deal with enemy armor.

If these are all the models you got and you want to use, then I guess there's not much you can do about it. Then again, try proxying. In casual games, most people don't mind. Unless you don't really care about winning, I'd suggest you redo your list and repost it from scratch.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feed back, I tend to use my Inquistor Lords squad to soak up the first round of combat against harlequins as they are a common enemy for me, then charge them with my GKGM squad to finish them off.

I bought some GK Termies this evening after work jsut because I've wanted to paint them for ages. Would running 2 GKGM's with the termies in the LR be effective at all?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.