Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
No King Rules Forever
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Heya all...as my first official thread as a new member, I'd like to bring up the subject of converting Inquisitors or Inquisitor Lords for 40K games. Xenos, Malleus, or Hereticus, it doesn't matter. Post pictures of your models or ideas for present or future conversions here; we wanna see!

Also, I have some ideas for a prospective conversion for my own Inquisitor. I really like the look of the metal Witchhunters Inquisitor Lord model, but it's not quite what I wanted. It's not easily convertible, for a start, and not beefy enough. However, I don't want to use power armor or a Space Marine-size body, 'cause the average Ordo Hereticus Witchhunter is usually more subtle and less in-your-face than, say, the average Daemonhunter. Therefore, I was thinking of using a more lightly armored SM Scout torso combined with the legs/lower body taken from a classic Praetorian or Mordian Guardsman. I'd use greenstuff to make boots and a high-collared cape-coat more similar to the metal Witchhunter. The curved plastic shoulderplates from the Ork sprue would go on the shoulders, and I'd make an Inquisitorial pendant around his neck with jeweller's chain and a metal =][= from the Tyrus sprue. I'm not quite sure yet what I'd do for the arms or head, but I'm thinking hard. I might cut off the metal Witchhunter's hat...
Any suggestions?

Reactions: Phoenix Lazarus

·
LO's Resident Time Lord
3,270 Posts
I'm thinking seriously about Eldar/Dark Eldar parts (male and female) for =][= related parts. They could technically be "power armour" assuming a power pack is visible. Might suggest a "sleeker" look.

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
Here are a few images to help you along your way. Hope they can be of use :)

[and my personal favorite, being a non-loyalist player :p]

(these aren't my models nor did I paint them)

·
Borderlands addict
971 Posts
Hmm, interesting thread... Today I decided 'Wouldn't it be great if I make a model of myself?' So..watch out for Inquisitor Blackadder and his retinue some time in the next year.

By the way, I did buy a box of Dire Avengers when they came out and I think the torso, at least the front section, would look pretty cool as some form of carapace armour. The shoulder wing thingys would look cool as well, but just be sure to remove the gems and 'Imperialise' the armour in general.

I'm subscribed and I can't wait to see what becomes of this thread! 8Y

p.s. I will post some ideas when I think of them, don't worry:p

·
Lord of Purple
933 Posts
Gotta love the inquisition stealing eldar wargear ;).
Personally, I'd love to see an inquisitor based on the Judges from Final Fantasy Tactics/Final Fantasy XII, their armour and general job just seems very fitting of an inquisitor. Plus that'd probably end up with mechanical chocobos and that could very well look awesome ;Y.

·
Archmagos
904 Posts
Not mine, but

·
No King Rules Forever
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow, I didn't think this would catch on so fast! :) Good stuff, everyone! I love the pictures. Keep 'em coming!

·
Lord of Purple
933 Posts
qsd, theres something about that bionic arm that makes it look unpainted. Kinda puts the image of the model off...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.