Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, this is my first thread, im a new daemonhunters player(december 2005), and i have a bit over 2000, more soon wil come, anyways, i have a couple of inquisitor models, i will give the wepons and no equipement other than that, no retinue i just want some help as to what to put on them;here goes:

Inquisitor (or lord) mustardknight:
lightning claws, plasma pistol

Inquisitor (or lord):shifty:
Psycannon

Inquisitor (or lord) mc. macknight:
Hammer(can be anything from power weapon to thundr hammer to daemonhammer etc...)
bolt pistol

points will differ of course, these inquisitors can also be lords i would just like help thats all
thankyou for your time, sincerely,
mustardknight.:yes: :doctor: docta procta lol.

·
OM NOM NOM
366 Posts
With daemonhunters, no matter how much you tool out your inquisitor with gear, a retinue, ect.,
it will never be able to compare to your grey knights. s3 and t3 in an army of superhuman's is a little depressing, so don't even think about a CC inquisitor.

However, with the right retinue, an inquisitor/lord is a formidable firebase. in addition to the psycannon (which is one handed) you could take another weapon, perhaps CC, just incase you get very unlucky and the enemy manages to get to you.

I know you didn't really want any help with retinues, but pretty much everything that you get for your inquisitor has to tie in togerther. if you get an inquisitor for multiple roles, each turn it will waste potential in the role it is not focusing on. You might get the best shooty stuff for your =][=, but if your retinue is CC (i shouldnt be like that in the first place), then you will waste your =][= shooting prowess.

sorry for dragging on, just reply with some feedback with any other things you wan't help on.

BTW, psycannon is a good start for a shooty =][=

(=][=)=inquistor

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright ty i know about what the inquisitors can do..... but i need help on just building a good ol inquisitor ty.:ninja:

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i would lso like help on my retinues...just to clear that up, thx for helpin me.

·
OM NOM NOM
366 Posts
no prob, but BTW, don't double post. there is an icon that looks like a pencil at the bottom of your post that allows you to edit your posts.

now about retinues, the most common configuration people use is a psycannon on the =][=, a plas cannon on a gun servitor, and 2 heavy bolters on the others, along with 2 sages to help with accuracy. You should also get your =][= and retinue lil tidbits of gear, like better armour, auspex ect.

that should provide a stable base, but you could build a lot on that.

hope i helped :)

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
Well, I can give you some commonly used Inquisitor builds, if that's what you'd like.

Probably the most common build you'll see is the firebase Inquisitor. This usually consists of an Inq/Lord with a Psycannon & Auspex, 2 Sages, a Mystic, and three Gun Servitors (almost always 1 Plasma Cannon and 2 Heavy Bolters). This unit is great at chewing up infantry, has good range (36"), and some spiffy extra abilities from the other henchmen. The two sages increase the Inq's BS by one, and they also give the entire unit one reroll per turn - which should always be saved for the Plasma Cannon, as it can be used to prevent overheat! The mystic allows this unit to take a free round of shooting at incoming Deepstrikers/Summoned unit, which considering the popularity of Drop Podding SM armies is a great ability. If you take this unit with a Lord, you could add a Sage & a Mystic or two (for ablative armor, basically). If you can't afford the Plasma Cannon, a third Heavy Bolter servitor is just as handy (and you can drop the second Sage as well, since nothing can overheat in this case).

Another build I've used and seen used is an anti-armor unit. Inq/Lord with a combi-melta, 3 Multi-Melta servitors, 2-3 Sages, and a Rhino. Without the transport, this unit won't move nearly fast enough to get in range of the enemy. Be careful with this one though, because they'll be extremely vulnerable for that turn or two when they're on foot.

Ranged units like these shouldn't have any extras added in. For example, an Inquisitor or Lord never needs an armor upgrade or melee weapon - if these units see combat, they're dead regardless of what the Inquisitor has on him. If you feel like tossing Acolytes into these units, stick with giving them combi-weapons or even just bolters - armor or melee stuff is useles to them as well. Transports aren't necessary for units with 36" weapons. And the only useful psychic power would be Word of the Emperor, but I don't even like to use that one.

Melee Inquisitors are fairly rare. Sure, they have access to all kinds of crazy gear, weapons, and powers, but they'll always be S3/T3. If you use GK or inducted SM, you'll never want a close combat Inquisitor. If you run a radical army, or one with just IST and IG, then an Inquisitior might be your only significant melee power. The best way to make a melee Inquisitor is to give him some kind of weapon that has advantages that trump his S3. A Force Weapon is one (for the insta-kill ability), a pair of Lightning Claws is another (for the rerolls), and Hammer or Fist-type weapons (for the Str bonus) are yet another. My personal favorite has to be a pair of Mastercrafted Lightning Claws - you get a reroll on to-wound rolls AND to-hit rolls! Toss on Scourging for a ranged attack, and this guy's not all that bad in a fight.

For melee retinues, don't go overboard and load up on Combat Servitors. They're too fragile and too expensive to depend on as a fighting force. I'd take maybe one Combat Servitor, one or two Vets with pistol/ccw, and if you have room, one Vet with a flamer (for a pre-charge kick). Acolytes are a better bet for fighting - you can give them a power weapon to inflict damage, plus they can absorb wounds for the Inquisitor. Don't bother giving them armor, as they exist to be the Inquisitor's meatshield anyways. One familiar is good (unless you took a Hammer or Fist weapon, in which case a Familiar is nearly useless). Sages and Mystics have no place here, although a Heirophant can be handy if you're fighting a Chaos army. A transport is a *must* for a melee unit - they're too fragile (T3 and armor saves between 4+ and 6+) to walk across the board. I suggest a Rhino. Land Raiders are an option, but I think they're far too expensive for a one "wound" model.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
alright ty alot you both have helped, man i love this site!
sincerely mustardknight

sry about double post im new to this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.