Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
LO Zealot
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What Weapons should I give my Inquisitor Lord? What is the Best Setup?
Also what is a Good retinue?

(what gun is the Inquisitor with the massive sword holding in his other hand?? Been puzzling me for ages)

·
Registered
130 Posts
just like an advanced melta gun...

anyway, i just give my inq. a bolt pistol and CCW - and let the 3 daemonhosts do the talking

·
Registered
377 Posts
Either go basic (BP+CCW) or tell us what the rest of your retinue contains. :p

·
LO Zealot
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Daemonhosts are a problem...
I love Grey Knights! (not that way you saddacts! ;) )

I have Acolytes in Power Armour with Needle Pistol to protect the Inquisitor and Servitors, 1 with Plasma Cannon, other with Multi-Melta, Imperial Veteran with Grenade Launcher

·
LO Zealot
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've made an Inquisitor and Henchmen list:

330 Points

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor Lord: 145
Inquisitor Lord 45
Eviscerator 25
Plasma Pistol 15
Artificer Armour 15
Icon of Just 25
Holocaust 20

Inquisitor Lord’s Retinue: 185
Veteran Guardsman 10
Grenade Launcher 10
Gun Servitor 10
Plasma Cannon 35
Combat Servitor 10
Power Fist 15
Acolytes (x3) 24
Plasma Pistols (x3) 45
Familiar 6
Sage (x2) 20

What do you think

·
Registered
178 Posts
wow!! 330 points! ok well there are diferent trains of thought and thats all cool but 330 points!!!! i dont tend to kit out my inquisitor that hard, but i have to say a forcesword is a must from there.. what ev.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Nice and all... but I've always been a bigger fan of a Grand Master Grey Knight Hero and his retinue. Heck, if ur spending 330 on an Inquisitor anyways, just get my own personal fav, a grey kngiht hero and 3 termies cost 283, 303 if you include Holocaust, 333 if you include a psycannon, or 323 if you use the incinerator for your GM, (which would be a waste of his BS, imo.)

Inquisitors got their bonuses, to be sure, but you gotta love an HQ and retinue in Aegis Armor with the shrouding and other bonuses, including the Deep Strike ability that can be used in non-Deep Strike missions, (both the HQ and his retinue can do this.)

So you got an HQ and 3 henchmen, all with 2+/5+, nemesis force weapons at WS5, 3 storm bolters and a psycannon/incinerator, BS4/5, all tough as balls and teleporting right next to the enemy.

Well hey, just my view on it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
If you are going to have an inquisitor i reckomend you have 3 acolytes and give them all just a storm shield that way your inquisitor gets a 4inv save from the first 3 wounds he suffers in combat.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yeah the storm shield combo is the most effective if ya going to enter close combat and if your not the acolytes with pistols are useless

But overall i agree with Babel_Matrix, go the Grand Master and terminator retinue. You really can't beat 4-5 guys with power weapon and a force weapons teleporting in your flank and at your weakest point and when accompanied by a squad of fast attack GK, it can be unstoppable (in my opinion)

anyway if u do go with the inquisitor, i would decrease his points for anything below 1500-2000pt. to give you more point for troops and stormtroopers with meltaguns as with no GK hero you can't get any LR or Dreads so our small anti-tank capacity is now non-existent

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.