Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think about taking a Witch hunters I lord and retinue but also taking 3 more elite inquistors giving them all his will be done and putting them in a land raider with some crusaders and chirurgeons.Do you think this could be competitive or as massive points sink?

·
464 Posts
I for think that the strengths of the witch Hunters codex does not lie in the units that make up the Inquisitors and their retinues. I am sure there will be times where the setup gives up some good results but against more competitive I would think that it would be a bit of an uphill battle. that is fine though. I have had the idea of running six PE's with three full squads of bikers for a super fast in your face Inquisitorial army. I may actually do it some day but I know that it will not be winning any GT's anytime soon. The goal though is to have fun so I say try out your spamming of Inquisitors.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I've often wondered about adding additional inquisitors to a Inquisitor Lord and retinue, but never thought of this combo. If each of your Inquisitors scored a single wounding hit, you'd be looking at 8 hits for combat resolution, which is pretty fly. Problem is the chirurgeon can only benefit the lord, because even if other inquisitors join the unit, the retinue still belongs to the lord. The elite inquisitors would not be able to join the lord if they had retinues of their own, which means you take'em as they are.

And of course, if the unit does get killed, you're giving up huge kill points.

Still, I think it would be cool. The concentration of power pretty much guarantees that your opponent will ignore EVERYTHING else in your army until this squad was dead. It is a lot of points though, especially if you power weapon all the inquisitors.

·
464 Posts
The thing is, is that you are talking about 350 pts for the =][='s and Landraider alone...we have not even started to add points for war gear and a retinue. That is a very expensive unit and one that is mediocre in CC...I think that it would be very much a one trick pony that has too many chances of failing. A Landraider has a very big "Kill Me" sign on it. Just that fact makes getting an assault out of it pretty slim if you ask me. Say a couple of bright/dark lances, Lascannons, Multimetas or what have you take down that land raider and the =][= unit has to hoof it...they will die. there is also the fact that the elite =][= will be failing their Psyker checks all over the place with their LD of 8...

One good thing having such a high number of multi-wound Independent characters is that it would allow you to have some fun hen it came down to wound allocation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.