Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have searched the web for a long time looking for a color scheme that i really like but i never find anything that interests me. (due to my dull imagination)
So please could you share pictures of Eldar you have painted to help inspire me...
Thank you very much

Eltyar

please comment still open to sugestions

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I have two colour schemes, the first one I did two storm Guardian squads, 2 wave serps and a wraithlord in before deciding it looked a little 'cold' looking. Enchanted Blue/Ice blue with a few mythril silver highlights.

Now I'm running liche purple as a primary colour with red gore and mythril silver as highlight colours. Once I get a couple of models back from my mates house (Thats where we play so I leave the majority of my stuff there) I'll dig out the camera and take a couple of pics.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks , ive never actually played the game coz i am interested in painting but i would like to get into playing it. Also i am just starting out hence the asking about color schemes...

please if you do see this thread do comment i am interested in what everyone has to say.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I play a Biel-Tan force because I really like green too, your Autarch in your avatar is of the same paint scheme as what I use :)
Google Biel-Tan Eldar and you'll get loads of really cool looking models :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah Biel-Tan looks good but i might change a few colors to make it look different like Muse2k8 says.
I want a darker look for my eldar

Thanks ...i am still open 2 new suggestions

·
Registered
6 Posts
You might be doing this already, but if you want a darker result I recommend using black primer rather than white. I use black for my eldar (Ulthwe) whilst using white for my High Elves and there is a noticeable difference. You can also alternate between coats of black/green ink and foundation dry brushing to reach the level of dark you are after.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
148 and counting have seen this thread... but only about 6 answers?
I know green is being talked about but you can suggest anything; that worked 4 you /you are proud of

Thanks

·
663 Posts
My personal opinion is to look at all the existing craft worlds and pick a color scheme you like. Personally i picked Yme-loc as the orange is quite a bold color that not many people paint armies with. If you like Green then go with Biel-tan. I have seen custom Craft worlds painted before, and not to insult any one that has, I have thought that the players that take the time to make their army as close to the existing ones as possible stand out the most. IL-Kaithe, is another craft world that uses green and is in the book. It gives you some options in color scheme.

A tip for painting, prime the Biel-Tan in white and then ink the areas that are not going to be white. It worked for me when using white before and looks much better then trying to start with black (as i usually do) and make it go to white.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Eltyar

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
yeah Biel-Tan looks good but i might change a few colors to make it look different like Muse2k8 says.
I want a darker look for my eldar

Thanks ...i am still open 2 new suggestions
If you like darker green I use Dark Angel green and Ultramarine blue in different amounts for my overall Eldar scheme. I can post pictures when I get home.

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you like darker green I use Dark Angel green and Ultramarine blue in different amounts for my overall Eldar scheme. I can post pictures when I get home.
The only issue I found with Dark Angels green is that you have to do multiple coats to avoid brush strokes being massively visible, saying that I use it to undercoat the primary hull of all my tanks, just so the bits in between the armour plates are darker and the plates stand out.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
So like I said is some units are base Dark Angel green with Ultramarine Blue highlights, and others are UMB base with DAG highlights. These are the Craftworld units to show my schemes, ie not Aspect warriors. I did incorporate some DA Green into each aspect to show they were part of the Craftworld. I don't have a name or fluff or anything but I did make a basic symbol to tie them together. All these were painted about 13 years ago when I first started painting, except the Waveserpent which was done recently when I started playing again.

Waveserpent, about half done but the scheme is there.

Farseer and Warlock

Ranger and Wraithguard

Guardians

Vyper

Old school Wraithlord

Click for bigger pics. Noticed I forgot a jetbike. Let me know if you want to see that.

·
Benevolent Dictator
9,222 Posts
Nice Saim Hann army, I'm loving those Vipers. I wish that Eldar were still nice and player friendly, I totally want to make a Saim Hann Jetbike army.

Anyways, back when I was dabbling in all of the different 40k races, I had some Eldar who I painted with dark blue/turquoise armor, with orange/yellow helmets and shurikats. It looked pretty good - I can't for the life of me remember what the name of the craftworld was that used that scheme.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I actually really like the second scheme
Keep the ideas coming guys!!!!...

(i am going to start painting a month from now(29/2//12)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts