Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
LO Zealot
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I was just reading through the chapter apporved for the necron codex and I came across this sentence. Any model directly under the center of LARGE BLAST TEMPLATE of the partical whip. However in the codex the partical whip is defined as a ord/blast or is there something I'm not realizing here?

·
Ender of Threads
1,306 Posts
There are 3 classes of blast weapons in 40K:

Small blasts. Frag Missiles and such. They use the little template.

Large blasts. These include both really big, non-ordnance blasts, as well as most Ordnance weapons. Both use the same large template (hence the large blast template bit), but those weapons with Ordnance noted in their descriptions get the extra benefits that Ordnance class weapons carry.

Apocalyptic blasts. These aren't found in normal 40K, only in Apocalypse... Basically anything that uses any of those preposterously huge green templates that GW sells for Apocalypse.

So yes, the weapon is an Ordnance blast weapon and yes, the Chapter approved says the large blast template... Ordnance describes the effects of the blast, and the CA is describing the template used.

·
Ender of Threads
1,306 Posts
Oh, alright... Sorry about the misunderstanding, I guess I thought you were asking a much more basic question.

That is an odd situation, and you're right, normally the stat line specifies either large or normal blast. I think we're going to have to chalk that one up to an older codex and newer rulebook just not meshing quite right here.

The Ordnance weapons section (BGB pg. 29) specifies that Ordnance uses the large blast template, and the Large Blast heading on page 30 repeats that, with a note that some Ordnance weapons have special rules in addition to the basic Ordnance ones. The CA seems nicely specific on which one you're supposed to use.

·
for good and for awesome!
1,492 Posts
Read the FAQ v4.0.1. The sixth bullet under "The Monolith" reiterates that it is a Large Blast.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts