Rosarius
Blades of Reason(See Below)
Frag Grenades
krak Grenades
Special rules
Litanies of Hate
Honour of the Chapter

Blades of Reason
Masster Crafted Lightening claws that always wound models on a 2+ unless a MC than 4+

I love the Idea of the Blades of reason so I came up with this guy

·
Registered
576 Posts
try to make the stat line like:

WS
BS
ect.

i like the lightning claws, at least they dont hit on +2
im pretty sure the cost is fair!

·
Sparta!
1,438 Posts
First off, what do you mean you loved the idea of the Blades of Reason so came up with this guy? Are you insinuating that you created this character from scratch and just so happened to name him after the Dark Angels Special Character from 3rd ed and earlier who just happened to be the lead Interrogator Chaplain?

If you look through the fluff, the blades of reason are actually implements of torture used in the interogation of the Fallen in a bid to get them to repent. They are not master crafted lightning claws of death. I think if you look at Asmodais actual stats, and his fluff, you may get a better idea of what it should be like.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If he is indeed from third edition than I am completely ignorant of that and I realize that they are implements of torture that from their description in the fourth edition codex sound exactly lightening claws.
So why can't the blades of reason be used in combat?

·
Set Sail and Conquer!
1,633 Posts
It actually makes a certain kinda sense to use them this way, especially as the mini effectively has a redundant powersword anyways...

I used to love using this guy, especially in conjunction with a Librarian and FoTD. He had some neat tricks - that extra -1 to LD checks was awesome!

But yeah, he's an old, awesome character, and one of the most disapointing aspects of the new DA codex is the fact that they left him out.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Something about letting him reroll wounds on a 2+ seems a bit off. You're bascially putting poison attacks on lightning claws. And of course doing the same thing VS monsterous creatures on a 4+.

Streamlining it to nothing worse than 4+ might be a little better. Just because at least fluff wise, this guy would always know how to hurt you.

I'm also thinking the points are slightly off. Can't you tool out a Chaplain for a little more with a little less rules? Kind of seems he should be slightly higher; but not by too much.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think so but i agree with you about the $+ thing

Master of sanctity-152 or 153 can't remember the cost of kraks for characters
Lightening claws, Artificer armour,Frag grenades, Krak Grenades

so no maybe you were thinking that because he has one less attack due to being a dark angel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts