Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all i am thinking about getting into witch hunters because they are so much like me. currently i don't have the codex because iwhen i go i want to get my models and i want to no what to buy before i get there. i really want to have a flamer heavy army because i love them. also i trying to stay away from SoB because i want an pure inquistor army with storm troopes assassins arco flagelents and maybe a engine for back up. i have been looking through a couple army lists so any suggestions would really help me.

p.s i have about 20 necrons warriors that i have no i dea what to do with and i hate just letting them sit their what do you think i should do with them make arcos?
thanks

·
Archmagos
904 Posts
Just an idea:
Lord
-brazier of fire
-eviscerator
3 warriors w/ flamers
3 acolytes w/ carapace, bp, and ccw
Rhino w/ extra armor + smoke

Priest (see 3rd IST squad)

Arcos x3

IST's x8
-flamer
-melta

IST's x8
-flamer
-melta

IST's x8
-shotguns
-flamer
-melta
Priest w/ eviscerator
154 + 70 (priest)

Exorcist
-extra armor
I know that Exorcists are technically SoB's, but you could claim that they're IST missile tanks.

Points total: 1000

Basically, the Inquisitor and IST's go forward in the Rhinos, and are followed by the arco's. The Exorcist provides fire support.
When there's more points to spend, then some Assassins and such can be added.

I tried to include some of the things you wanted (like flamers and arco's), but honestly, I'm not entirely sure how effective the list will be; Just so you're aware, pure Inquisition armies are usually fluffy, but they're not a particularly good way to go if you want a competative list

·
Registered
259 Posts
That's a tidy thousand points qsd! Incorporated what the man wanted and everything; rep to you.

I think that list would do nicely at a thousand points, but qsd's right; sisters really put the pizza in pizzaz. Err...anyway, I think at higher point totals especially, you may find that the truly tactically flexible units are sisters, and you may thus find sisters are just too awesome to not take! I started kind of like you; mainly because I had like 40 ISTs, and I bought a radical army from a friend; thus...putting me in a position approximate to your desired position. My opinion has since become....that I wish I'd bought sisters from the get-go. Just something to think about; particularly before you make a big investment in our beloved, I-could-be-doing-some-crazy-drugs-for-this-kind-of-money game.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
first thing i have to say is wow thanks thats is asweme man. second is they are definally expensive i no, but i can't pass up the most flame heavy army in the game (salmanders not included). i may even deside to though in some sisters later but i hate their little mushroom cut hair. third is that the best lord i can get because i like my heros decked out and lastly would oyu use just reagular guardsmne for IST's or what? and thanks again qsd

·
Archmagos
904 Posts
first thing i have to say is wow thanks thats is asweme man. second is they are definally expensive i no, but i can't pass up the most flame heavy army in the game (salmanders not included). i may even deside to though in some sisters later but i hate their little mushroom cut hair. third is that the best lord i can get because i like my heros decked out and lastly would oyu use just reagular guardsmne for IST's or what? and thanks again qsd
No problem ;)

-Sisters:
I have no idea how good (or not) you are with green stuff, but for those that don't have helmets, you could try sculpting some sort of hood for them.
-Inquisitor:
While I suppose that "best" is really more of a matter of opinion, I can say that the Lord is relatively plain, seeing how the armory is full of things like force weapons, rosarii, etc.
In smaller games where your points count a lot though, it's probably not the best idea to give too much to the Inquisitor.
-I think regular guardsmen would make decent IST's, as long as you aren't taking inducted Guard with the same models, which might be confusing to your opponent. If you want to use the same models for both, then it's a good idea to have something to distinguish the IST's with things such as modified guns, more armor, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.