Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im considering starting 40k once I have completed my High Elves and I have already got an idea of what I want to get - space marines. I like the imperial fist background and style (urban warfare) but don't like their colour scheme. I decided that I would look into its 2nd foundings but neither match my style. SO I was thinkin, would I be able to create my own seconds founding as I want to use the same icon on the shoulder. I was thinking black warriors, white shoulders pads (a la Black templars), white fists ( a la crimson fists) and the imperial fist shoulder icon. Would this be allowed fluff wise?

·
Registered
309 Posts
You should probably put this in the Army Fluff forum, but to answer your question, no, not a second founding from Imperial Fists, there are only two of those: the Crimson Fists and the Black Templars. However there is nothing to stop you making them from a later Founding (there have been 26 to date)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I think ill go for it once I finish my he's.

Heres my idea for it:

·
The Voice of Reason
756 Posts
Well, that's essentially a Black Templar color scheme. Ever thought of doing BT's? Or an offshoot of BT's? It just seems to fit with your preferences.

·
Registered
364 Posts
it does lok at like the BTs execpt for the yellow you could go with and off-set of the nBTs though if you want ot use those colors or stick with your idea if you do a diy( do it your self) chapter what will there name be.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Personally if I were making that army I would definetely use the BT models and do inor conversions. I'm sure you've worked that out already though. Looks good though, keep us posted on how it goes.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The black templar models are too cc orientated for my play style and im not that confident a painter or modeller. Heres my seconds idea for my chapter:

·
Registered
655 Posts
I'd recommend going for the second one. First off, I think it looks better. Second, gray will be easier to highlight than black (I've started painting my Black Templars a very dark gray for this reason.) If you aren't fantastic at painting, or don't want to spend a long time doing details, this will make a big difference.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I like the second one too, however, one little change...

Make the bottom section of the legs white (under the knees), there are not too many details in this area so highlighting will not be a problem, plus, I am bias when it comes to white marines!

Looks like Reveilers (sp?) right now.

·
Registered
178 Posts
arrghhh

Wat the hell? seriously drop the white shouldr pads it looks tooo black templar. a would suggest a dark red or even a yellow would look class. if u go with that shem peoiple will think you have mixed and matced stuff to show you dont know where it goes

·
Registered
178 Posts
oops

sri i didnt look at the second one lol it looks good and ignore my last post!
i agree white under the knee would look class and bleached bone rims too that would rock

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.