Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, does anyone know if invulnerable saves affect force weapons? I am asking because I saw that invulnerable saves may be taken whenever the model suffers a wound, but instant death means that the model suffers multiple wounds.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Page 50, main rulebook for everyone but Daemonhunters. For Daemonhunters, page 17 of their codex, but it's the same for the purpose of your question - you go through combat normally until just before combat resolution, then if the model with the force weapon has inflicted a wound, you may use a psychic test to see if you Instant Death the model wounded. If you pass the test, he is instantly removed, not "takes more wounds". You still count however many wounds he had left towards combat resolution though.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
nope. invulnerable saves are saves that can be used that would ignore armour saves. apart from that they have no affect on any other power. so if any non-eternal warrior model was wounded by a force weapon it doesn't matter how many wounds they have they lose all of their wounds.

recap:
eternal warrior makes a model ignore instant death rules in any case.
Models suffer multiple wounds whenever they lose a wound! So first you must lose atleast one wound to a force weapon, THEN you loose multiple wounds ( which is all of them ).

hope that helps!
EDIT: Stradius got the first while i was tying! :)

thanks
antique_nova

·
Registered
687 Posts
damn too slow

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
so if any non-eternal warrior model was wounded by a force weapon it doesn't matter how many wounds they have they lose all of their wounds.

So first you must lose atleast one wound to a force weapon, THEN you loose multiple wounds ( which is all of them ).
Force weapons do not automatically cause Instant Death. There's still the matter of a Psychic test.

Not trying to be too nit-picky; just don't want to see anyone getting confused by your wording.:beer:

·
Son of LO
3,930 Posts
The force weapon has usually only inflicted the one wound. It was just that this wound instantly killed the model. As far as I know you don't write it down as two or three wounds inflicted; that would make power fists ridiculous against multi-wound models for the purposes of combat resolution.

So the force weapon scores a wound, the person gets his invulnerable save, and if he fails that save the wound is "inflicted" and he's likely to be asploded. The only reason you can't take armour saves on force weapons is because they are all also power weapons.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Just for clarity's sake, since I'm not sure everyone is asking the same question. A Force Weapon is a power weapon that inflicts wounds as normal in CC-- and so you may take your invulnerable save against it. Once the FW has actually inflicted a wound and the psyker tests for Instant Death, you may not take an additional saves against it. You've already failed to save against the initial wound.

·
The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss
2,841 Posts
The force weapon has usually only inflicted the one wound. It was just that this wound instantly killed the model. As far as I know you don't write it down as two or three wounds inflicted; that would make power fists ridiculous against multi-wound models for the purposes of combat resolution.
P.39 BRB 4th paragraph under "Determine Assault results", bracketed sentence says:
"...(including all of the Wounds lost by models that have suffered instant death)...". So yep, powerfists against multi-wound models are ridiculous - but fun!!

Yes, the model only suffered a single failed save, therefore lost a single wound, but the Force Weapon is able to nuke the other wounds which this model would *normally* be still left with, so it effectively removes all the wounds just as if the model had suffered sufficient "no armour save" wounds in order to kill it.

E.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.