Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right my plan is to make a piece of scenery for my Imperial Guard army. However since my guardsmen are medieval themed and based on Bretonian parts, so this is going to look a bit... fantasy, its not honest! My original plan for outpost was going to be a little house with a round tower made out of the toilet roll, but as you'll see that kinda changed. It became the last Lodge/tavern on the outskirts of a city, pretty solid and stone on the bottom half to make it look defensible.

That was as far as I got, before I decided that I did not like the wood on the top half, I'd rather have a a framed look and that a tower made of toilet roll on the side would not look right, it would be too short and even two together would still look to thin. So off came the front and the tower became a well.

The well is made out of a bit of roll with stones made out of putty to bulk it up

so this is what I have so far.

·
Scenery Shogun
917 Posts
Awesome!

remember this isn't 40k only scenery.. it 'can" be fantasy if you so choose.
but seeing how your guiard army is bret based..the tavern matches perfectly!

great genius use of the roll man! kudos.. THAT'S THE KIND OF INGENUITY I WAS TALKING ABOUT!

it don't need to be a whole roll..just part of one.
good job bro..i'm watching this one!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I’ve always liked that style of architecture anyway, and the wood paneling is very cool looking. What did you use for the lattes work in the windows? (did I spell lattes right?)

·
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, next stage was to finish off the wood framing on the other sides of the house, tile the roof and do as much of the stone work as I could. I also made a door, tiled the floor and glued the Tavern Down.

Making Tiles out of corrugated card

The Tiles on

The door

The rest of the door knob (ie a nail)

The story so far

Now I need to make a chimney stack and pot, finish the stone work on the back, texture the floor that is not tiled and possibly make a tavern sign... oh and then paint it... times a running out!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I’ve always liked that style of architecture anyway, and the wood paneling is very cool looking. What did you use for the lattes work in the windows? (did I spell lattes right?)
I think its latice... but spell check don't like that so I dunno...probably your way.

Anyways! are the stones on the side of the building just made from some sort of card individually cut or what? would love to find out.

·
Scenery Shogun
917 Posts
Very nicely done.

Can't wait to see it on the table. the well is nice too.

·
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Right, so the last few stones on the back done

Undercoat in balck, then a quick dusting of grey, with more on the bottom as a base coat for the stones.... excet the can with the grey lid in my wardrobe was not gery but infact aluminium colour, damn, i now have a silver tavern...

Not 100% convinced I'll get this painted in time, but I've got it built and thats not bad for a first go at this comp. I'll try though ;)

·
Scenery Shogun
917 Posts
Names:
Shonuff's Slophouse
Shonuff's Sippery
Shonuff's Pub
Bug N Sho's Pub
Sho N Fox's Pub
Cadian's Pub
Schaffer's last Tavern
Creel's Alehouse