Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off,

Close order drill only works with a squad's leadership. So you can't use your officer's Ld and then bump it up a point with COD. For a long time I thought you could that. FYI for those of you who that as I did.

Second, Iron D says squads can regroup if below 50%. However, the rule on officer leadership says squads can only use on officer's Ld if not in hand to hand, pinned, or fleeing. So does Iron D only work with the squad the officer is in, or does it work on other squads too?

While I'm asking, if you have a command squad and all 4 guard get killed, the JO becomes and IC right?

·
Sparta!
1,438 Posts
Second, Iron D says squads can regroup if below 50%. However, the rule on officer leadership says squads can only use on officer's Ld if not in hand to hand, pinned, or fleeing. So does Iron D only work with the squad the officer is in, or does it work on other squads too?
If you read it carefully, it doesn't work if he is in close combat, pinned or fleeing. So, yes it does work on other squads and can be used to rally them.

While I'm asking, if you have a command squad and all 4 guard get killed, the JO becomes and IC right?
As per the entry, he reverts to being an IC so is able to join other squads etc.

·
2,399 Posts
As per the entry, he reverts to being an IC so is able to join other squads etc.
Had a interesting discussion with a opponent last night on this precise query - He's charged a IC into combat with Shaeffer (An IC) who is part of a sub-unit (he can't move away from it but is still a IC) The sub unit (1x man) is in melee wit hsome randers. Both IC's bounce off one another, the rangers kill the 1x man Sub unit - I revert back to being a IC. The question was :
Do the rangers have to pile in (to base to base) with shaeffer? We ruled they're in an assault until the end of the assault phase, it's still being resolved - including piling in which is not optional - and he's part of the unit they charged, so yes. (And got subsequently hacked up) Was i right?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.