Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok iam looking for some iron hands strats or anny good strats

here my future army list

Hq techmarine or chaplin (dont have a chap yet)
ellites 3 dreadnought with assult cannon and missle luanchers
troops 4 tact squads of 6 with lascannons
2 razorback with lascannon
fast attack 1 8 man squad of assult marines
Heavy support 1 whrilwind
and 2 predators with auto cannons and heavy bolters

i kinda play static but if you guys can gimme so good tactis or strats on how to use my forces

·
Registered
364 Posts
For the Iron Hands I thought that the tech and chappy where kinda the same like combined into one, I think it is called the IronFather

·
heretical thoughts?
948 Posts
the iron father hq can be used with techmarine or chaplain rules. personally i like chaplains better, so try to get sone of those to hook with your assault squad. put a p fist on the assault squad sergent.

I don't really understand what your troop choices look like can you give more information?

I don't think ive ever seen an assault cannon ml mix on a dread before, but imo it doesn't sound like it wi'll work too great. I'd either go assault ccw arm, las ml or las ccw arm.

heavy support looks fine.

overall from what i can gather it looks ok, but give us more info.

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,148 Posts
Hellfires can have TL las or AC to go with thier Missile Launcher. And the former is generally the better option.

·
heretical thoughts?
948 Posts
Thats what I was saying. To me a hellfire dread has tl lc and ml, not ac and ml. its just a better option for it.

·
LO Zealot
1,082 Posts
I'd take twin L cannons, Its not like you should be using missiles and autocannons for anti infantry roles... well you could.. But for a heavier hitting dreadnought, as said TL las/Mis is the way to go.

I'd choose it all the time. For a hellfire Dred.

(800th post woot)

·
Hrimfar
525 Posts
Are you saying that you have got two 10 man squads with tac-marines, and then two 6 man squads for the razorbacks? In that case try to deploy your razorbacks out of sight (like behind a hill, but still so they can move 6" and shoot at enemy armoured targets. The squad can really start disembarked so that they can draw fire from your assult marines and other stuff you cannot hide. Lascannons are intimidating!

Swap the AC on one of the dreds for a TW LC and go with hvy flamer and CC weapon for the two still with AC. Give them smokies and deploy them as mobile fire support for squads (AC can be really effective vs enemy armour - if you're luckie, but go for the infantry!)

The pred's should also get into bussines with hunting down infantry so put them at least in what was used to be called "hull down". In this way you can move 6" and fire all weapons (one off, all def = all) so you don't have to be stationary like an anihilator...

Well, hope I said something useful there ;)
/Stoffe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts