Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as of right now I have now slowly started painting my guys while also putting others together. I decided to do one of my Aspiring Chamions so I can see what the overall effect of the scheme I plan to do for the rest of the army. Right now he is only liek 30% done. I still need to do all his bionics in different types of Brass and Tin. With the procress I need to do hazard strips on his gun amonst small other stuff like the very tiny wire in odd locations. But anyways here you go -

Hope you enjoy. I really like how the gold came out unliek my Obliterator's crappy gold. Any suggestions about the bionics/backpack would help ^_^

·
Registered
571 Posts
Nemy said:
Any suggestions about the bionics/backpack would help ^_^
I found that most metallics look better if you apply an undercoat of "Tin Bitz" first. That is assuming you are using GW colors.

It might be a bit late for this model but you can experiment with it.

Afterwards just paint or drybrush the other metal colors on.

For all those little rivets I suggest using a thick brush (size 2) first and painting them chaos black first and then - using a finer brush (size 000 or a GW detail brush, if you are using those) - do a small dot in Mithril Silver. That way they really stand out from the rest of the miniature.

·
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I did tried Tin Bitz on my Obliterator and it didn't turn put what I wanted. I wanted sort of a bright gold color that goes along with the highlighted Mithril Silver armor I did. I think my camera didn't get all of it, but all the bright metal areas are the mithril :p

For the rivets I was thinking Chainmail, but not sure as of yet.

I did though use Brazen Brass for the undercaot of the gold. ^_^ However though, some of the metals are from Vajello. I think the gold and the botlgun metal (which is hard to see unless the model was looked at in person).

·
Registered
571 Posts
I found the Tin Bitz makes it "richer" or adds more depth to the color. But it also makes it look more "worn".

You can also try and use different golds. There are shinier ones and less shiny ones in most palettes ( haven;t work too much with vallejo, so I don't know what they are called). In the GW range you can use a "shining gold" first and then apply a highlight of "burnished gold" for example.

The rivets really need to stand out (I think) so you shopuld go for the brightest sylver/metal color you have. and definitely go for the black ciurcle around it first (with a bigger brush, like I mentioned) to make them stand out.

I personally prefer the minis to be darker, so I would go for Boltgun metal as the bulk color.

·
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lamenter said:
I found the Tin Bitz makes it "richer" or adds more depth to the color. But it also makes it look more "worn".

You can also try and use different golds. There are shinier ones and less shiny ones in most palettes ( haven;t work too much with vallejo, so I don't know what they are called). In the GW range you can use a "shining gold" first and then apply a highlight of "burnished gold" for example.

The rivets really need to stand out (I think) so you shopuld go for the brightest sylver/metal color you have. and definitely go for the black ciurcle around it first (with a bigger brush, like I mentioned) to make them stand out.

I personally prefer the minis to be darker, so I would go for Boltgun metal as the bulk color.
Alrighty I will try the rivets, but I jsut have a feeling it will be hard to stand out from already most of the Mithril armor. Example, Itried to do pure mithril for the IW symbol on the chest, and it didn't stand out at all (hence why its grey :)). But, meh Its always good to try things first ^^

·
Registered
827 Posts
It looks good, just another colour would go great. I know its near impossible with Iron Warriors, but would look better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts