Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've played war hammer 40k for about 4 years now and i've participated in large battles. Ive noticed that a battle cannon on a defiler really changes the tide of war
usually toward your favor.I've creamed everything from necrons to tyranids with
a barrage of heavy downpoor of battle cannons. I love tyranids, expecially
when their guts are glued to the bottom of my shoe. Battle Cannons own
tyranids . battle cannon: 72" range 8 str ap 3 ordnance1/blast. MUWHAHAHAHA!!!!

·
850 Posts
Yo, BiD, you might like this kid here. He is a big IW fan like you.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Only I'm not an Ordnance fan. My IW will never get a Defiler, I only use a basilisk or vindicator from time to time because I like the models, my vindicator is usually a fire magnet, its only purpose is to annoy my opponent and scare him ;) . The best veavy choices are havos and lascannon pred with mutated hull IMO.

·
850 Posts
Well I tryed, but I do agree w/ you about the ordinance tanks BiD, for my future IW army that is what the tanks do. They attract fire and will drive my opponents crazy and also scare them since in my list there is 3 hard-hitting ordinace weapons. :)

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Hehe, my opponent (IG player) likes big templates, only not when he plays against me, because I tend to make sure he can be really happy if he kills 3 models with a shot (usually a battlecannon's death toll is only 2).
The template I personally like is the flamer one :p .

·
Registered
353 Posts
Amen bid, I LOVE flamer templates, about 7 inch range, and auto hits EVERYTHING under the template. Very nice... so you auto hit, thats one less roll to worry about, probbly get about 3-5 hits with it, maybe only one or two, and on most stuff you wound on threes and fours, so about 3 wounds average for a cheap weapon, nice.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I have to disagree with Bornin...
I'm just the straight opposite... I got both a basilisk and a defiler in army...
Given time I will add a vindicator, and maybe another defiler.
I'm in to the shooty shooty IW so I just think it best...

If any of you have read the book "Storm of Iron" you will now how I in fantasy want my army to look... Huge amounts of deamon artillery...
Now that would be fun.
But sad to say it isn't to be... I gunning forward with 3 other armies too, so the reinforcements for my IW will have to wait...

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
I make my army shooty, just not with ordnance. It's a vary rare day for me to leave the Havocs at home, and my predator is usually around too. My basilisk is more about sowing confusion in the enemy ranks, I don't care what I hit really, and my Vindicator just looks cool, that's the only reason I have it :p .

·
Registered
664 Posts
I also thought i heard you praising the Defiler once..... meh, I must be going psycho.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.