Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whos better furioso or ironclad? I was arguing with my friend whos better over all and points cost.
I reckon the furioso wins hands down with venerable and death company upgrades i mean a possibly 7 attacks on a charge is major league. And the good old re rolls on pens and glancing hits, the furioso is 2nd to none!!!
Of course the ironclads av 13 and 2 heavy flamers is awesome but I dont think it equals what the furioso can bring.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I think it would depend on the role you have in mind for the dread, they would tend to serve a different function.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I would think the Furioso is made for assualting troops. While the Ironclad assualts vehicles and shoots troops. Thats just me though.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well there both anti troops with heavy flamer and most troops cant hurt them in CC. The only difference being a ironclad can have 2 heavy flamers while a furioso can have 1, the hurricane bolter is a useless so is the chain fist.
They both kill vehicles easily on the assualt only a furioso gets more hits while a ironclad +1 to his pens and glancing hits.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Furioso all the way! But I'm partial to the BA anyway... Stick him within range of Carbulo and Dante and you have an Ironclad-wrecking machine. In CC of course, so you really need to keep them alive til you can get them that close.

·
Cheeeese
559 Posts
If i had to choose i would prefere the ironclad.

I really dont't see the furioso and ironclads dread as fulfilling very different roles. They are both best used if you get them into CC. The ironclads has some more options which can make it a better shooter. However, if you want a dread with shooting capasity the vanilla dread is far better.

The vanilla furioso is not more hard hitting in CC than the ironclad. If you upgrad your furioso to a Death company dread you only get D3 attack more, and the ironclad is then only 10 points more. I rather then pay 10 points to get better armour, move through cover and the seismic hammer. If you get extra armour for your furioso it becomes more expensive than the ironclad. The better AV13 on the ironclad is rather handy with all the powerfists and powerclaws around.

A furioso upgraded to death copany and venerable is in my opion far too expensive for what it does: a slow moving CC dread.

When that is said, i really wouldn't have choosen any one of them. Insted i would take the vanilla dreadnought with multimelta, and maybe invested in a heavy flamer swap for the storm bolter. It's more bang for the bucks.

:beer:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah i agree that the standard dreads are better, infact I reckon the assault cannon DDCW/heavy flamer loadout to be the best in the game.
Its just a furioso with 7 attacks if you get a good roll is so devastating its shocking. I wish normal space marines could get one : (

·
Registered
183 Posts
I hope they DON'T get it. I doubt they would since the Ironclad is so obviously broken in abilities and point cost. For 30 points you get more real armor value, plus Move Thru Cover, extra armor wargear, +1 on dmg table or a 2D6 penetration for free, or hurricane bolters for free, and the ability for 2 HK missiles... o_O. Actually with the extra armor wargear, you get all that stuff for 15 points on top. For 15 points my Necron can... hmm, have the Lord get back up with 3 wounds, IF I roll a 6, anything less than a roll of 4 and he's still dead. Wooo.

But I digress...Everything ends up balanced in their own ways, it's the nature of the beast. Normal dreads still have a place and can be better than both Ironclads and Furioso. But also, BA can get Venerables for cheaper and I'm not to thrilled by the +1 BS and WS the new marine dex gives them, so again, it all balances out eventually.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is sweet though when you have a venerables with assault cannons and they hit on a 2+. :soldier:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts