Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm planning on building a new army. And in it is an 8 man Squad of World Eaters Terminators. But something about them gives me a bad feeling. They're really point heavy for what I normaly use; more cheaper squads instead of big expensive ones.

Currently in the army, I plan to have 4 squads of Bezerkers for troops, 1 squad of Possessed, 1 Squad of Terminators, a Bloodthirster, and a Terminator Lt.
The List

8 man Chosen Terminators of Khorne: 374
1 AC: PowerWeapon, Axe of Khorne, Collar of Khorne
1 Terminator: Combi bolter, Powerfists
4 Terminator: Combi bolter, Chainfists
2 Terminator: Heavy Flamer, Powerfists

Terminator Lt of Khorne: 118
Axe of Khorne, Collar of Khorne, Spiky Bits, Combi Bolter

Those are them. Orriginaly I had them with Lightning Claws instead of the Powerfists/Chainfits and the Lt was a Lord, opting only to switch for the intrest of saving money by not having to buy two boxes of Assault Terminators to get at the Lightning Claws.

As is are they a waste of points? And if so should I drop them for two more squads of Berzerkers? Or should I bite my wallet and try to get some lightning claws?

·
LO's unofficial Jester
2,900 Posts
Hi I also play WE
What point value is your army in total?
I think with all WE armies it is a case of death or Glory as you have to get into hand ot hand quickly, for that reason I would probably drop the heavy flamers,

How will your Bloodthirster get into Comabt btw (Who is he possessing?)

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I added a link to the army list. The Bloodthirster is poping out of the possessed, unless what I'm thinking works.

·
LO's unofficial Jester
2,900 Posts
Looked at your army its pretty good, Very hard hitting, I think your terminators aren't too expensive.
On the other hand your army might suffer for lack of speed. How about giving your Possessed deamonic flight instead?

I have a 1500 point army that is basically as follows
1) deamon Prince tooled up to the max (has flight)

8)Possessed (flight) Ac etc

8)Possessed (flight) Ac etc

8) Bezerkers Tooled up
8) Bezerkers Tooled up

x2 Rhino's Tooled up

This is the basic list small but every model in the army can inflict alot of damage plus very fast.

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
Just to add further confirmation, the point cost of your termis is fine, however, their configuration might benefit more from less chain fists and more basic power weapons. It's good to have a couple of fists and chain fists in your unit, but I've found that having all init 1 models is still not so good. You want to make sure that you have something that can hit at 4 init. In an 8 man squad, 2 fists and 2 chain fists should be sufficient and not overkill.

Concerning your a.c.: Give him daemonic strength and make all those hits have a better chance of wounding. Also drop the collar. Collars have a place on an h.q. but not on a.c.. If your opponent is trying to take down your aspring champions with psi powers, then he's wasting time, which should be spent trying to take down your h.q.- just a thought.

·
Son of LO
4,529 Posts
I don't know, I think it depends how they're going to fit and interact with the rest of your army, as much as anything else. As far as I can see, in your list, they look like they might complement well.

Ultimately, the proof is in the pudding, so get those guys out there and practice using them. Play a few proxy games if you need to, and get used to handling them, and working out what they can and can't do.

As suggested, you could shave some points here and there.. the collar of khorne probably isn't so worthwhile, also, I'm not so sure about the extra powerweapon.. is it really worth one extra attack?

However, I've spent this much myself on a 6 man slanneshi terminator squad, and they've done okay. The points cost is heavy enough to make this a high priority unit, but it's not really unreasonable.

Finally, if you're using them as a retinue, you need to drop a terminator, as ICs in retinues count towards the squad numbers for sacred number purposes.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know. The squad by itself is 8 man. And I think it is worth the extra attack considering he get's it standard and I don't consider the Combi-Bolter worth giving that up. With Axes of Khorne '6's get you extra attacks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
This is not too much... A guy at my local store has a squad of 10 khornate terminators that cost... lemme see... 1120 pts for the squad. Ya...

·
Dancing Peanuts? You bet!
1,350 Posts
I think it's a great deal for 374 points. However, if you want my 2 cents, then you'll only need 2 chainfists. 4 is overkill, also, take out the powerfists and replace them with normal power weapons, then give the squad furious charge. This will make them a whole lot cheaper and still really effective.

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,148 Posts
If you really want LC's on them(which isn't a bad idea instead of so many CF's and PF's) then you can always convert them, you don't have to go buy extra box sets just to get them.

·
EWOP
586 Posts
I turned up to a tournament a few years back with Ahriman and eight Terminator Sorcerers of Tzeentch for 1196 points. The rest was made up of very small Daemon packs. Every model had Bolt of Change (Assault1/S8/AP2) and had Eye of Tzeentch for rerolls. My favourite result was getting filled in by some bloke with 36 Lascannon in his Iron Warrior force. Now THAT's stupid.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts