Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i cant decide if a thunder-fire cannon is worth it. It has to be one of the best pieces of troop killing artillery but is it right for the Space MArine who are known for their mobile armoured warfare

My Marine Army is

1 Librarian

1 Terminator squad
1 dreadnaught

3 tactical squads (2 rhinos)
1 Scout sniper squad

1 ten man assault squad

1 preadator Heavy bolters, lascannons

I'm thinking of a vindicator or a thunder-fire cannon. What do you think?

·
Lord Cupcake of Senteria
396 Posts
A vindicator is always good. ALWAYS. It butchers infantry and takes down monstrous creatures. In a pinch, it also makes for decent anti-tank.

A thunderfire cannon boasts the 2nd longest range in the SM Arsenal, and comes with a variety of different ways to fire it. It is probably best used against horde armies due to the medium-high str. and low (high?) ap of it's shots. It can inflict a huge amount of hits and wounds against whatever it shoots at aside from monstrous creatures and vehicles.

Looking at what you have I'd probably suggest a vindicator. It's sturdy, mobile, versatile, and has a lower price tag in RL. One of the only drawbacks on it is its somewhat short range.

·
Registered
73 Posts
i would go with the vindicator personally got to love the high strength low ap blast and no way near as fragile as the thunder-fire cannon

·
Registered
171 Posts
A Thunderfire Cannon has a more than twice the range of a Vindicator's demolisher, and with Str6 AP4 is pretty good for cleaning house of Heavy (and light, for that matter) infantry.

The Demolisher seems to me to be more of an anti-vehicle weapon. Of course, if you're worried about mobility you could take a Whirlwind, just 1 less strength than the Thunderfire and just one Large Blast instead of 4 small (chances are the Thunderfire will cover more models), but both has the mobility of a Vindicator and twice the range.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
A vindicator would be more usefull if you play more on smaller or crammed full of sceanery boards, if there big and open thn you should choose the cannon.

·
Lord Cupcake of Senteria
396 Posts
A Thunderfire Cannon has a more than twice the range of a Vindicator's demolisher, and with Str6 AP4 is pretty good for cleaning house of Heavy (and light, for that matter) infantry.

None of its shots are AP 4, although I wish they were.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.