4,361 Posts
Short Answer: Yes

Long Answer: Yes, Yes, Yes.

SirKently

·
Registered
141 Posts
Who would be your general? ;)

Aside from the horror of trying to field 10 units of GG and having them work effectively...i say go for it!

·
LO Zealot
1,503 Posts
I move guys, you roll dice and I pick up some models. I move guys, you roll dice and I pick up models. I move guys, you roll dice and I pick up models. I move guys, you roll dice and I pick up models. I move guys, you roll dice and I pick up models. I move guys, you roll dice and I pick up models.

Sounds like stupid 40K to me.

·
Registered
141 Posts
take half of them as scouts and really see how many friends you make ;)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Well first off your going to have the most boring games imaginable, beyond that I don't see too many problems, its a one trick pony that'll masacre most OK, Orcs and Goblins, Dwarfs, Dark Elves and Skaven, the rest should be able to kick your but without too much trouble as they can field knights or some form of highly armoured and mobile force that'll cream you.

Why not mix it up a bit, you can theme it to shooting, but add some Scouts, Warhawk Riders etc. That way, it wont be as boring, you'll have an overall more competive army as it wont be a rock, sissors, papper set up. Also people will want to play you more then just once. ;)

All in all i woudnt call it cheese, its dependant entrrly on what the oppent plays, you'll win a lot and loose a lot.

·
Kut Maar Krachtig
4,014 Posts
Cheese, would you like some cheese with your whine. Do it and when your opponent complains jsut slap him with an armybook. It's in the armybook, it's not cheating and your opponent can suck it.

Cheese is a sliding slope arguement at any rate so i will never except it, one day a glad watcher army is cheese the next having 2 vampires in your VC army is cheese. If it's allowed, it's allowed.

·
609 Posts
Not cheese really. But, I don't see how you could deploy that many GG effectively. (Unless you had a crazy tiered hill or something, and then you couldn't move most of them) As to making half of them scouts: you wouldn't be able to find acceptable places to deploy that many scouts, not to mention that they would be creamed by a combat unit. I'm a fan of the mixing it up idea though-->some warhawks etc to give you more variety and more options. 8Y

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
Everyone's pretty much right. Opponents wouldn't like it. You yourself might find it boring to play. Deploying them would be tricky. It'd be visually dull.

But, just for the fun of playing devil's advocate, I'd do something like this.

1. Highborn, general, great eagle, bow of loren, helm of the hunt, talisman of protection, arcane bodkins
  2. Noble, Hail of Doom Arrow, scout kindred
  3. Spellsinger, dispel scroll, luminescents
  4. Spellsinger, dispel scroll x 2

1. Glade Guard x 10, bowman, musician. The bowman is there to make challenges in a losing attempt to keep the resisdent spellsinger alive. Plus, it's fluffy.
  2. Glade Guard x 10, bowman, musician. The bowman is there to make challenges in a losing attempt to keep the resisdent spellsinger alive. Plus, it's fluffy.
  3. Glade Guard x 10, mus
  4. Glade Guard x 10, mus
  5. Glade Guard x 10, mus

1. Glade Riders x 5, mus
  2. Glade Riders x 5, mus

1. Glade Guard Scouts x 5, mus
  2. Glade Guard Scouts x 5, mus

1. Warhawks x 3

1. Great Eagle

I would never engage the enemy except for warmachines, fast cav, scouts, and the like. Otherwise I would shoot and flee, shoot and flee.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
243 Posts
I don't think it's cheesy, but I would think it's silly. You backward wood elf players with your stick throwers... it'll never make sense to us boyz.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I like you're list DavidVC04, oppenents don't, but how cares:p. But maybe it is a idea taking some Waywatchers at the cost of a unit Glade Guard, you'd still have 40 GG, 10GR, 3 Warhaks, 1GE and a couple super scouts (waywatchers).

But you're list is fine as it is, I think this is better then just taking GG only.

I'm actually thinking of using it soon against my best friend(HE)...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.