Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Inquisitorial allies are not, in and of themselves, a dick move. The rules quite clearly allow it and the fluff allows it, and there are (at least) dozens of people that play with IG and DH/SoB/WH forces. It's the crazy-stupid things you can do by mixing newest non-marine 'dex with one of the oldest codices in the game.
The anti-Deep strike mystic trick combined with anything in the ultra-shooty IG 'dex comes to mind.

·
Formerly Prince of Excess
3,560 Posts
I consider it pretty lame because you're getting things IG shouldn't have like Mystics, Psychic Hoods etc. If you can't win without those, my elitest eyes look down on you. It's not like IG is an underpowered Codex or anything.

Reactions: Commissar_Dixon

·
Registered
84 Posts
I totally agree with you Prince. In my opinion; if you want to use Grey Knights and Mystics and whatnot, then play friggin Deamonhunters. If you want Guardsmen, Commissars and Bassies, then play Imperial Guard. If you want both; then you're probably that person that wants to have his cake and eat it too... fatty.

·
Registered
221 Posts
It's not a dick move and shouldn't be considered one. In my eyes the Imperium should use what ever is available to purge the universe of its enemies (especially demons). Demonhunters just do it in style, and allied with IG means you have about 100+ bodyguards for your Inquisitor + retinue to do their job. :handshake:

Also, you give up taking cheap IG troops, armor, and weapons for more expensive specialized units. I think the trade off is quit balanced.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Any player who has taken the time to incorparate fluff into there army to justify having allies i have no problem with.

Im an IG purest and wont ever take allies , i hate seeing people run INQ storm troopers just to save some points, i think it makes any victory you get a little bit hollow, knowing you had two codex's to choose from, i mean our dex is awsome as it is.

is it not enough that we can take an astropath and slow up our enemys reserves , why do we need mystics to blast them away , its not nessicary, any player worth there salt can get by just fine without them.

·
Registered
612 Posts
With the old codex I would understand. But now, yea it is a bit cheesy. The RAI was never meant to overpower IG when adding the mystics and what not.

·
I Sincerely Want a Parrot
462 Posts
It's legal, sure, but I think it's power-gaming. Anyone can adjust their fluff to include anything, but, IMO, 50% of "fluff" players are just power-gamers that want the best of the best, so they make up some uncreative and uninspiring story to justify all the toys; in this case, it's usually something around the lines of: "My regiment was inducted by the Inquisition to combat the emergent insert threat here..." (where have I heard that story before?).

If you want Daemon-Hunter allies, go for it, but convince me that they belong, not only with words, but with a fluffy army list, painting, and modeling as well.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Oh, no, guys, stop it, please.

The army can be made so it will seem cheaty without any allies. Especially IG with its new shiny codex. Some forms of inquisitorial allies can seem cheaty, too. But it doesn't mean that anyone taking an allied daemonhunter army is doing it because he is not able to play pure IG.

It's just... fun. Daemonhunter codex is extremely old, it cannot be competitive in any way. It was designed in the way that allowed inquisitorial forces to join (or be joined by) IG or SM forces. It was not cheaty in the time it was made, it is not cheaty now. It's just the way. And it is extremely fluffy. And my strongest belief is that the points you spend on the inq part of your army could be spent much more efficiently using pure IG forces.

As for me, I just love the fluff and that is why I consider adding daemonhunters to my own army. If I will ever see it overpowered, I will abandon it because it is really no fun when it is no challenge. I think, that is the clue, not some stupid restrictions that coflict with the rules of the game.

·
Torn ACL FTL
4,404 Posts
I love ==My== converted Inquisitor. ==My== buddy picked up Witch Hunters and was never going to use his Crusader (big =][= shield fella) so he pawned it off on ==Me== and it gathered dust until I wanted to field some Mystics. One trip to the bitz box and voila, awesome Inquisitor.

·
Registered
470 Posts
If you want Daemon-Hunter allies, go for it, but convince me that they belong, not only with words, but with a fluffy army list, painting, and modeling as well.
Why should anyone have to convince you or anyone else about what they take in their army list?

It's legal like anything else, people should cry less and learn how to stop it.
This.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts