Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay well i was flipping over some old WD's i had for inspiration and ideas and because i was bored and i came across a vehicle tactica and there was a part put aside for a skyray and pirhana combo attack that went soemthing like this.

You get a pirhana with seeker missles behind an enemy tank and then use the ML hits from the pirhana to hit the back of veichle armor.

I was just wonderign if anyone has tried this considering pirhanas and ML's are veeeerryyyy common in most tau armies and yeah just wanted to know if anyones tried it and how effective it was.

thanks for any replies.

·
The deep down truth
5,714 Posts
okay well i was flipping over some old WD's i had for inspiration and ideas and because i was bored and i came across a vehicle tactica and there was a part put aside for a skyray and pirhana combo attack that went soemthing like this.

You get a pirhana with seeker missles behind an enemy tank and then use the ML hits from the pirhana to hit the back of veichle armor.

I was just wonderign if anyone has tried this considering pirhanas and ML's are veeeerryyyy common in most tau armies and yeah just wanted to know if anyones tried it and how effective it was.thanks for any replies.
The line of sight for a Seeker missile is drawn from the vehicle launching them. So yes if the Piranha had LOS to the rear armour then the Seekers would hit the rear AV. It is a well known tactic and works well enough, I do not use Seekers on the Pirahna but it works with any vehicle that can carry Seekers.
All you need to remember is the LOS for the Seeker is drawn from the vehicle launching them not the ML unit.
(Just a note, you post is confusing, you mention using ML's from the Piranha and they do not have ML's. I take it you mean the Seeker from the Piranha to the rear armour of the target)

·
The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss
2,841 Posts
Yeah, it's viable as a tactic but totally dependent on successful ML hits (kinda obvious to say that, but 4+ to hit from Pathfinders doesn't give a great percentage of success). The advantage it also gives is through the range of the Seeker Missile. A target can be MLed on on side of the table and a seeker can hit it from the opposite side of the table. Not particularly spectacular on a 6x4 table, but try an Apocalypse table at 20x6 and the fun really starts.

As Riki said, the LOS is judged as a straight line from the launch point of the Seeker to the armour of the target vehicle facing the launch point. This allows side armour shots to be effected against enemy armour by (in this case) Piranhas which have moved a full 24" up one side edge of the table, while Pathfinders or other ML sources spotlight the targets for them.

E.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply guy just another reason for me to buy a Pirhana lol and yeah sorry about the mistake i was kinda in a rush when i posted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts