Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
LO Zealot
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For either army the savings is outstanding, plus you get another army... I am kind of thinking of buying 3 of them so I can get 3 dreads, 3 squads of Marines, and 3 units of Terminators, thats an army in and of itself, plus I'll get all those orks to blow up with M80s (or sell to a friend, haha).

The cost of a unit of Terminators and a Dreadnought is well over the cost for the whole kit.

As a side question, do they actually give you all the sprues for all the sets involved? Or does it just give you the minimum to make the units?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Ya, it is unfortunately not the regular models, but slightly dumb downed snap together ones. Main thing is the Marines are all in fairly static and repetitive poses. And it doesn't come with any of the extra options. The dread only has a multi-melta, the Termies don't have a heavy weapon, Nobs don't have powerclaws, etc...

But for value you are right, it is amazing, which is why I bought two. The problem with it as a Marine army is that 3 dread and 3 squads of Termies is 3 too many elite choices. Overall though Its still a sweet deal.

·
Kut Maar Krachtig
4,014 Posts
I might get 1 box, cause, well, it's cheap for what it delivers in options. It's unfortunately also cheap in the way it's made, as has been said, static poses, no weapon swapping.

It does all look good though, they gave it all a nice spin.

·
Registered
26 Posts
the contents are something like this:

SM Captain - Power Sword, bolt gun
5 Terminators - 4x storm bolter and power fist, 1x storm bolter and power sword
10 tac marines - 8x bolter, 1x missile launcher, 1x flamer
1 Dread, multi-melta and CCW/storm bolter

Ork Warboss- Power klaw, Shoota
5 Nobz - Choppa, Slugga
20 Boyz, choppa slugga
3 Deffcopters - TL rikkit launcha, choppa

Thats what you get, no extra options.

And if you buy 3 sets and want to field everything, just get a master of the forge, and you can take the dreads as heavy support =D

·
LO Zealot
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not if you're using a Master of the Forge :p As my chapter is based on the Iron Hands it's entirely fluffy for me to take one too *high five*

But anyway, I think the Dreadnought could also be effective for the conversions I want to do on my Chapter Master, and if I get other Dreadnoughts I can just magnet their arms onto the Black Reach one, offering more selection overall. I checked out pictures of the sprues and yeah, they're pretty terrible selection-wise, and I doubt I'd be using multimeltas. I guess then it would work with only buying 2 of the sets, giving me 2 squads, 2 HQs, a dreadnought to convert, and one to play with, making 3 Elite slots with the other Dreadnought being for bitz.

I'm loving this idea now, thanks for the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.