Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i realy want a warhammer 40 k game that is based on the table top rules eg you pick your point range then u pick your army then the units then the terrian is set up then u pick a mission and play against a computer or a friend if anyone knows a program somthng like this or is intersted in desinging one i woud like to know and i dont care whar the graphics are like 2d birds eye view would be fine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah there is a game called chaos gate that came out like in 98 i think, which is ok i guess. You are space marines fighting chaos. The graphics arent that good but as you said you dont really care. There are misions and you pick your heavy soppurt and which troop squads you have.

·
Registered
252 Posts
As far as I know, there are only 4 games out based in the 40k universe, apart from the obvious tabletops..

Space Hulk
Final Liberation (Maybe this one is more Epic than Warhammer)
Chaos Gate
And finally Fire Warrior.

Closest one to what you're looking for is Final Liberation, although I've never played Chaos Gate. You'll find all those games in the bargain bucket at games stores, except for Fire Warrior, which is in the Top Ten bestsellers here in the UK.

*Text removed* *Slaps BB with a stick* Tsk tsk =P

·
Registered
45 Posts
ya i got all those games plus a couple... like rites of war (eldar), but i think choas gate would be ur best bet.... even though u control small armys at a time... rite's of war is kina the same, but the modles are HUGE compare to everything else, and fire warrior is a first person shooter

·
Registered
160 Posts
Chaos Gate
Final Liberation

I own Chaos Gate, great fun, great fun indeed. I got it like 3 years before I purchased my first Citadel miniature...

·
Venerable Old One
1,510 Posts
Gents, do not talk about warez, since it is a copyright infringement. LO has not and will not put up with people who thieve others' intellectual property.

Consider yourselves warned.

·
Registered
556 Posts
you burned it lamzor lars

chaos gate is fun and so is final liberation

·
Registered
58 Posts
There is an Epic 40k game, *****ed if I can remember the name of it though.

Kicks ass, and I mean, it really kicks ass.

I'd have made a 40k tabletop game ages ago if there wasn't so many problems with copyright and stuff.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Originally posted by The_Inquisitor@Nov 15 2003, 18:09
Gents, do not talk about warez, since it is a copyright infringement. LO has not and will not put up with people who thieve others' intellectual property.
Tchah! Whatever happened to free speech? Besides, shove a clause in the user agreement that says you are not responsible for what is said, and, voila!, you are waived all legal responsibility. :p

Anyways, I have a mate (well, acquaintance on another forum who is putting together a table-top simulator, which might be cool, might not. I'll inform ppl when it is ready to go.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I checked up on this Chaos Gate thing, it seems cool but doesn't really capture the feeling of the tabletop game.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I doubt any will be able to. You're much better off sticking with 'real' computer-based strategy games, if that is what you are after. If you want to play 40K, play table-top, even against yourself. You'd be surprised how much of a difference playing against yourself can make to your game.

·
Registered
377 Posts
chaosfilth > They deleted the bit that referred to them.

I really want a totally accurate game. I don't want any of this hex shite. :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.