Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Is There A Link Between People's Mental State &...

2K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  Nemy 
#1 ·
I know that this dosen't have much to do with Chaos but I thought that you would be the perfect people to ask:

Is there a link between people's mental state and the army that they choose to play???

...and one other thing: Any advice for a budding bran new Chaos player???

#3 ·
I don't think the mental link is just between Chaos players and thier armys. It has to do with all of Warhammer 40K. I know this one friend of mine who plays Orks and he acts as stupid as one, although he is very strong big and strong. My friend who plays Eldar is the most athletic kid I have seen. My Tyranid friend has his own group of friends and he is the middle of it, the 'Hive Tyrant' if you will. There are alot more of my friends whose behaviors copy that of their armys.

#5 ·
the mental link- yeah i guess so im mean im very aggressive and rage filled and tha fits with my World Eater army but i dont think it counts for everyone. they just arent the chosen ones! :p

as for advice what legion(blod) you going for(blood) or are you just(blood) going completely undivided/renegade(blood)?

#6 ·
If people have a corresponding mental state to their armies then i must have a few which conflict. (NO I DON'T.........YES I DO, etc etc etc). So will you sister mel you must have major mental problems having a SOB army and starting a chaos army, you will go mad i tell you, you will be nutter than a truck load of barn bracks. :D
Any way my personal favorite chaos army would have be the Death Guard, even though i dont have an army it is on my long term list. Praise to father Nurgle

#8 ·
My legion are the Nght Lords.

And ChemicalCaveman I agree with you on that one. I sanity has taken it's course with me. But the alluring recent wave of chaos has trapped me in its realm, am i doomed forever? Whahey I get to join you guys??? Besides it was guardsmen firts....which i'm not speakin to anymore because i recently got thrased by tau with them. <_<

Okay so whats the mental state of a Necron player...oh no wait I just have to ask bot!

#9 ·
Hmm, a female in the ranks of the Found and Mighty (I don't consider myself lost or damned).

Night Lords... I think Protocon can help you better than I can (so long ago...) but here's some pointers to what I'd do:

Troops mounted to keep the mobile them, Chosen on bikes (again, mobile theme), at least 2 Raptor squads just because you can, one heavy support: havocs with tank hunters and 4 lascannons :ph34r: .

#10 ·
If you ask me a better use of havocs is stealth tankhunter and 4 rocket launchers, yah its a lil costy but stealth adept can really help, especially in city fight, 2+cover saves can be a bitch for the enemy. Rocket launchers are alot more useful, because if they have anything high toughness you can use krack still and have a decent chance to wound them, and against infantry frag is a (chaos)godsend.
And on another note, woooot a girl in my legion.

#11 ·
well the nun with a gun decides to join the ranks of the dark ones, I'll be damned (actually Lost and Damned thank you :p )! I never thought I would see the day when Chaos corrupts the Battle Sisters of the Orders Militant. Well I guess anything is possible with Chaos.

and btw, Glory to the Warp!

Death to the false Corpse!

#16 ·
Some people are just not sane...

Anyway, I think there has to be a link between the choise of armies and peoples mental state...
Maybe unconchiously, but there has to some.
SOme people are fully and knowingly aware of this, and they are the real fanatics of warhammer...
I friend of mine that resently moved to Germany played Orcs with such a love for the game and the orcs themselves, that you would actually wonder if he was an orc

#21 ·
There has to be a link, your not aware of it yourself...it just is so.
Have you ever felt that when deciding what you wanna do/buy/eat/play, you think "nah I don't wanna".
Try thinking a bit backwards, can you explain why you didn't want to some of them.
If you can't, then that is proof that there is an unconchious connection between it and your mental state...

#22 ·
why take night lords on bikes that negates their improved caver save

and yes there is a link between me and my armies I'm a very secretive berserker

#23 ·
yep. definatly. i got into chaos for a reason i didnt realize until a little later. a few years ago my best friend died. and i started a chaos army a month later. i later discoverd the truth when i was killing an ultra marine and couldnt stop thinking about him and the blood coming from the ultras

#25 ·
For me I think I follow my chaos legion or chaos even w/o playing. At school I've been known in this private high school(Notre Dame Academy in Middleburg,Va if you don't know) that I have a twisted, psychotic mind at times. When I was 5 I always drew violent pics of people(noone in particular, just made up people I made)getting massacred in horrible ways. Now, I'm in collage and my violent nature died out a bit when I started WH40k, it is slowly comin back.It makes me wonder how my life will end up. Also, to scare you guys more in the future I am pkaning on be a game designer, but I want to make violent games for people.But any to your question, yes I fell that I am just like the chaos and I think I don't have a mental state anymore. I will tell you guys I do have a psychartist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.