Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
NCIS fan
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon,

I'm starting at 1000pts, and plan to end at 2000pts (for now). I wish for my list to be 'balanced' as I tend to play against every type of list out there.

HQ ) hive tyrant with stranglethorn cannon - 190

+ 2 tyrant guards - 120

E ) 2 hive guards - 100

HS ) 1 carnifex with heavy venom cannon - 185

T ) 4 tyranid warriors : 3 with deathspitters and 1 with barbed strangler - 145

T ) 20 termagants - 100

T ) 20 hormagaunts with toxin sacs - 160

Grand Total = 1000pts

Any and all comments/suggestions welcome!

:beer:

·
Registered
131 Posts
The main flaw I see in this list is the Tyrant. Better to use a warrior prime IMHO. This would give you 200 odd points spare which is a tervigon. You are a bit weak anti mech but at 1000 pts it may be ok. I would also look to replace the fex with a trygon.

·
NCIS fan
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The main flaw I see in this list is the Tyrant. Better to use a warrior prime IMHO. This would give you 200 odd points spare which is a tervigon. You are a bit weak anti mech but at 1000 pts it may be ok. I would also look to replace the fex with a trygon.

Thanks for your opinion.

So how would I go about anti-tank? At 1000pts, the tau can squeeze in a hammerhead.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Drop pod Zoats is an option but a bit 1 dimesional in a low point game. I think I would go with a trygon to take heavy vehicles in h2h.

·
NCIS fan
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is my second attempt at the same list.

HQ ) tyranid prime with rending claws and deathspitter - 90

E ) 2 hive guards - 100

E ) 1 zoanthrope - 60

T ) 3 tyranid warriors (prime) 2 with deathspitters and 1 with venom cannon - 115

T ) 20 termagants - 100

T ) 20 termagants - 100

T ) 1 tervigon with adrenal glands, toxin sacs, and catalyst - 195

HS ) 1 trygon prime - 240

Grand Total of 1000pts

Thoughts?

·
Registered
89 Posts
hey,

personaly i dont like warriors so i would take them out with the prime for another tervigon (find they work best in pairs). I would also consider taking out one of the termagant units for some genestealers (they are deadly flank marching) or for an exta zoan.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Im going to take a slightly different approach at your list from the rest of these guys. I think that a trygon in a 1000 point game is a little over kill, especially a prime so I would vote to keep him out, if you want something tough to kill for those points run a tervigon (you don't need two to have success with them either, I run one all the time).

I vote for you to keep your tyrant, If your looking for something hard to kill at these points that guy with two guards will NEVER die. I would also say drop your carnifex and the termigants, With those points add another unit of two hive guard (theres your anti Meq/tank/whatever else people throw at you), another brood (same set up) of warriors and with the remaining points get hive com for you tyrant and outflank your hormies. You should have a few points left over to spend as well for what ever you decide.

So here is my reason for the changes I'v suggested. Your list lacked synaps, the second brood of warriors solves that problem gives you a large amount of more wounds and makes your list better for objective based games as well. You had the anti tank I just gave you more and made you pay less the hive guard are also great against anything else that comes your way. I think in these points zoanthropes are a bit of wishful thinking because really, how many land raiders/monoliths are you going to be against in a 1000 point game. Outflanking your hormies will ensure that they live long enough to see combat which they will then do wonderfully at.

These are just my opinions and those of others, there is nothing to say that your original list wont work. Your call on taking the changes or not, these are all just suggestions.

Good luck

Yukon

·
Registered
64 Posts
Here is my second attempt at the same list.

HQ ) tyranid prime with rending claws and deathspitter - 90

E ) 2 hive guards - 100

E ) 1 zoanthrope - 60

T ) 3 tyranid warriors (prime) 2 with deathspitters and 1 with venom cannon - 115

T ) 20 termagants - 100

T ) 20 termagants - 100

T ) 1 tervigon with adrenal glands, toxin sacs, and catalyst - 195

HS ) 1 trygon prime - 240

Grand Total of 1000pts

Thoughts?

Lose the trygon at this point level, ditch the lone zoan, and add some genestealers... Tactical reserves are always a must...I'd keep the tyrant myself to, but i do like primes as well.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
1000 points is harder to build, because there is less for you to take on dangerous units.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts