Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am thinking about making a death guard/nurgle army and i was wondering if typhus was worth it as an hq. if not, what would you suggest?

·
Registered
827 Posts
Yes I think he is. But you can make a Lord almost the same for a little cheaper.:yes:

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
That all depends on what size game you intend to play. Typhus is well over 200 points, and most players advise a max limit of 10% of your points to be spend on HQ choices. That means that by following this rule you should only use him in games of 2500 pts +

I'm not saying that he is a bad character, on the contrary; he is second only to kharn in power IMO, who is just overtly beardy. But then again, I've never had much love for khorne being a slaaneshi player.

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
Typhus is more of a mass killer than a character slayer, so if you can get him in amongst the grunts he will mascre them wholesale, but often with DG a lord without termie armour is preferable, say for example you were looking to go up the field in a rhino, then Typhus is a nono, he sufferes for his art in terms of speed, which makes him prone to being shot, also units or more comonly HQs configured to kill Characters can take him out. finally monseiur cartier is spot on about points, playing 1000 points? leave him at home

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
For around a 140 points you can make a 1st turn charge chaos lord that can really lay into your opponent's troops. I'd say that point-wise something like this is more effecient. Typhus is one of those models that is best used in casual play.

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
First turn charge chaos lord.

Chaos lord
MoN
Manreaper
Daemonic strength
Daemonic speed
Infiltrate

·
Registered
125 Posts
my 1500 pt Nurgle Lord is something along the lines of this
Chaos Lord (about 160 points total)
manreaper infiltrate D. Strength D. speed D. Aura bolt pistol Nurgle's Rot
That's not all he has, but I can't remember which ability is left out (codex at Mom's house at this moment) But he is a beast in CC... often kills 10 man marine squads on the first turn. Worth his points entirely in my opinion. HOWEVER he will be crushed by enemy HQ sections (except maybe guard or tau) He is designed to annihilate infantry, and he is excellent at it. NOTE: i suggest not using stature on a lord like this, infiltrate is more important

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,148 Posts
As far as special characters go he's actually really good(Better than kharn as a model but worse as he takes your lord choice and kharn doesn't). But as most people have mentioned you can probably do better for yourself with a custom lord.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Are you sure Kharn doesn't count as your Lord choice? I was sure he does.

Anyway, huge lords IMO aren't worth it. I have a really old article from the early days of the previous 40K Ed (the one with the gold & red logo) which said about how strength lies in the humble footsloggers, and that the game wasn't about who could have the hugest character or the shootiest guns. That was the whole point of the new edition, to get away from these rediculously tedious ideals. My advice: Stop trying to make uber-powerful Lords all together! 100 points tops, regardless of game points. Troops, people!

I miss my tyranids :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts