Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,
i was wondering if you can help me out,...
with the new codex out,... it doesn't say that the Zzap gun is auto-hit anymore. is this true?..?!?!?

please please please prove me wrong hehehe...

if thats the case,.. at a turn i have to check the strength then roll to hit , then roll to wound ?..

thanks guys!...

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Yeah

It does not auto hit anymore. It has less dice to hurt vehicles too, but has its range increased.
Yeah, this is right, and it really sucks. Expensive primary guns only that shoot once a turn and only hit on 5 or better are worthless. At least with rokkits you can load up the vehicle with them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, this is right, and it really sucks. Expensive primary guns only that shoot once a turn and only hit on 5 or better are worthless. At least with rokkits you can load up the vehicle with them.
i have to agree with you , this really sucks,...
before it was the only thing that has a sure shot,.. especially against vehicles.
btw since the grots has the BS of 3... it should hit on 4+ right?..

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Nope

Do grots fire it is it is mounted on a vehicle or just if it is a heavy weapon?
Weapons on vehicles always have the ballistic skill of the vehicle, which in this case is 2. Story-wise, no, this is a rare case where a weapons that is normally used by grotts is instead used by orks, as only orks pilot and fire weapons on the battlewagon. Orks are worse shots, so it's BS 2 instead of 3. This is just for story purposes though, as you always just go with the printed BS of the unit.

The codex also specifically states, in this case, you do not get the crew that normally comes with the gun. Instead, the gun has to use the normal crew of the vehicle, which are orks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts