Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
The deep down truth
5,714 Posts
Just saw this on Tau online.

TO said:
On New Years day, Justin (Israfel420) lost control of his vehicle on the way to work and was killed instantly. I wanted to let everyone on the board know because when ever we would play 40k, he mentioned this board with a lot of passion. He loved you guys and girls. And from first hand experience, he really did know how to use those blasted piranhas.
Cannot believe this, I know Israfel and myself had some heated debates and more than a few differences of opinion but I am truly shocked and sorry to hear this. I for one am going to miss his input and I know he will be using those damnable Piranhas in a better place.
Damn it makes you realise that it is simply not worth getting so serious about stuff like a topic on a forum, life is just to damned short. The fella was only 28.

Rest easy dude.

·
Wher dat naked blue chik?
1,646 Posts
Damn. This should be in general chat. People outside of tau forums knew him too. Good fellow. He will be missed.

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Woah...

We held a 1min silence in Chat as soon as i saw this thread (Triumph just had to ruin it...)

I didnt know him well, but i recognise the name.

Rest in Peace dude.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I, personally, didn't know him, but may he rest in peace. He sounds like someone who had a passion for this game, and really poured his heart into it.

May All Who Die Rest In Peace.

I hope all of you will take a moment of silence to honor our friend and fellow gamer.

-J

·
611 Posts
id like to say israfel was one of my favorite people i met on the boards, great guy, raped me with tau while i was playing crons, talk about embarassing.

masterful gamer, funny guy, beat me while he was drunk!

i guess ill never be able to hook up with him for a game when im in the nashville area,
RIP isra, we lost a good guy.

·
391 Posts
Im greatly greived by this information and my heart goes out to his family. Me and Israfel have had alot of talks on/off the board as well as in private messeges. He will be greatly missed and as long as it is Deemed tastefull by his Family i would like to convert and dedicate A Tau unit in his memory. I havent decided if it will be a commander or a pirhana as of yet.

My condolances to his friends and family.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Like sparty israfel was one of the greatest people I ever met on LO; taught me so much more about my own tau, showing me how to use a hybrid list to full effect. He was a genius of a player whenever I played or watched him on VASSAL. Rest in peace my friend..

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts

·
Striving for the right
941 Posts
Just saw this on Tau online.

I am truly shocked and sorry to hear this. I for one am going to miss his input and I know he will be using those damnable Piranhas in a better place.
Damn it makes you realise that it is simply not worth getting so serious about stuff like a topic on a forum, life is just to damned short. The fella was only 28.

Rest easy dude.
D'accord. A tragic and very real loss, I am sure, to all who knew him, whether personally or virtually.

Israfel, mon brave, my next Piranha will be named for you.

~ Raven ~

·
Registered
316 Posts
its hard to explain why you are sat in the middle of the office with tears on your cheeks when you are a 32 year old man.

I'm so bummed to hear this. Such a good dude. a pleasure to converse with.

My tau commander will always have a CiB from now on in his honour.

May he rest in peace.

·
The deep down truth
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That is truly shocking and sad to hear about... I'm struck dumb where I sit. Best wishes to his family, friends and loved ones who have to get through this difficult time.

I'll move this to General Discussion. More people will see it there.
Nem, thanks for moving this, I was not sure where the best place would be for it and Isra was a dedicated Tau player, so I thought it would be OK in the Tau forum.

My heart goes out to his family and his girl friend because I know exactly what they are going through having lost my Sister in 2005 who was also way to young. Difficult is to small a word.

I think they can take comfort in the fact that he was respected and will be truly missed on this and other forums.

Justin was way to young to be taken, I know we had our disagreements but I will truly miss his input.

·
Ancient Spacefarer
1,715 Posts
i would like to convert and dedicate A Tau unit in his memory. I havent decided if it will be a commander or a pirhana as of yet.
I know Isra and Riki. had quite a few disagreements over many Tau topics and I will truly miss him as a dedicated gamer, Although I don't know him personally, the Tau Forums would be empty without him.

The Loki, I think that the dedicated mini should be a Piranha, as it had seemed to be his last words when he was last online...

Rest in Peace, Brother.

-Kai-Itza-

·
The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss
2,841 Posts
Dreadful news, which I first read about earlier today on ATT where Israfel was also an avid poster and great member. He will be missed on all the 40k sites he attended.

E.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Saw the news on ATT and thought I would give the heads up...

What a loss.

He will be missed.

·
The deep down truth
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I know Isra and Riki. had quite a few disagreements over many Tau topics
This is true and I said a few things I regretted to the dude (regretted them before he died) and the good thing was he was gracious enough to accept the apology I made to him and my offer of friendship and a new start. This says a lot about the quality of the fella and it is just a pity I am not going to have more opportunities to debate with him.

As I said on Tau online, the single best ever debate I had on this or any other forum was the epic debate over Piranhas (his Piranha tactica). It got heated in some parts but man it was a good solid debate with someone who really argued his side and the thing I respect most about him in that debate is he never backed down and stood by his guns. To my mind it is almost a legendary debate and one that really sticks in my mind.

I am gonna miss him and we should stickie his Piranha tactica as a tribute to him and also because it is a damn good tactica in its own right. Why was it not stickied anyway?

·
Registered
234 Posts
In bocca al lupo per tutto Israfel, era un piacere leggere i tuoi interventi. Ci si vede dall'altra parte, tienimi un tavolo libero per fare una partita con te!

(Good luck Israfel, it was a pleasure to read your articles. See you on the other side, reserve a place for me to have a game with you)

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
to say it is sad and he will be missed all seems too little.

Rikki, I read his Piranha tactica on ATT, did he post it on here? the traditional approach would either to be to link it from the stickie at the top of the forum (rather than sticky the thread its self) or put it in the finished tactica forum.

Perhaps you wouldnt mind digging it out and putting it in the finished tactica forum, it was certainly worth it and if anyone does this, it would, in some small way, mean more being you?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Perhaps you wouldnt mind digging it out and putting it in the finished tactica forum, it was certainly worth it and if anyone does this, it would, in some small way, mean more being you?
Here here.

I am welling up with tears just thinking about it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts