Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I play DH now but I'm really thinking of sarting an IW army basically becaese it's what DH isn't. IW has more heavy weapons, more tanks, and more guys all together so it looks pretty appetising. Before I go buy anything though I want to hear of any complaints or comments from IW players about their armies. When I bought Dh I really didn't know many of the negatives of the army so this time I really want to be sure. Any comments are appreciated. Thanks . com'n to the dark side!

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Pros:
  • no Obliterator limit
  • tends to outshoot most armies
  • still has room to be assaulty, in fact IW can be just as good in close combat as any other legion
  • has access to vindicator and basilisk
  • may take 4 heavies
  • last but not least: awesome fluff :p
Cons:
  • it's easy to go into cheese :( (I hate ppl who do that)
  • a really shooty army is hardpressed against a fast assault army
  • often not the most mobile army around
That, in short, is the Iron Warriors ^_^ .

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks born'n. Do you hhave any strategies that u would use agaist an assault army or any other for that matter

·
Registered
353 Posts
Ah bid you forgot two big cons
Iron warriors can't take daemons
Iron warriors can't take marked units
And a pro
No limit on obliterators ;)

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Ahh yes, no Daemons and marked troops, but in a shooty army they don't really fit in anyway.
My tactics really differ in each battle, but typically I deploy in a solid firebase with troops at the front and heavy support behind that, on one side are Obliterators and Terminators (I might change that, Oblits are now more vulnerable to lascannons <_< ), on the other I have a mounted squad and a Raptor squad if I use it, that way my opponent has to make a choice between the slow and powerful flank, the fast flank, and the center where most of the firepower comes from, typically this results in the opponent doing no significant damage or going for the fast flank, and by that time the slow element (termies and Obliterators) are very close to his lines whilst the firebase keeps pouring a hail of heavy weapons fire into his most powerful targets.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I havn't bought the codex so I don't know the significance of marks and what makes it easy to cheese. :huh: :D

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Best thing to do is buy the codex then :w . Basically marks are what make a CSM squad a Cult unit like Berzerkers, Plaguemarines etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.