Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K, so instead of having two seperate blogs or more if I decide to start more armies, I'm just going to have one all inclusive blog for all my armies and have a bit of an index in this here first post.

So, armies I currently play are Wood Elves and Daemonhunters, so this is mostly what you'll be seeing.

I don't know exactly how often I'll update the blog, but I will however, starting next month, keep up with the Tale of Painters requirements (although I won't directly be involved in it) just to keep me on track.

So that means at least 200pts/month with photos of everything I painted that month and an army shot.8Y

So what's happening with my woodelves is, I had painted some 12 GG and then tried out layering on a single model...you can see where this is going...

So now I have stripped the paint off 12 GG models so I'm back to square one on army completion progress...;?

Here's my first proper pic of any mini I ever made, hope it's not too bad:

As you can now see it's a fall themed WE army. The pic is edited slightly with photoshop to clear uncessary stuff out of the pic and eliminate all the excess space there was around the mini.

Wow...it looks so much better IRL....:|

anyway, more to come!

WE - 1000pt total - 12 pt painted...
DH - 0pt - 0pt painted (I have the codex but no army...yet)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are some more pics.

So if you're wondering what I still have to finish painting for my WE army:

1 Wardancer Hero
1 Spellsinger
19 GG
8 Dryads
14 Wardancers
5 Glade Riders

pts after upgrades, etc...1002pts. Yeah I know, some people won't allow me to pass the point limit, but I figure I can find a point here and there (literally...:p) to shave off somehow.

Planned expansions:

1 Treeman
4 Warhawk Riders

I'm still trying to get the lighting down so I don't have to adjust levels like I did for these pics, otherwise they'd be too dark.

I'm trying to get the lamp to shine dead on from the side, but it can't go any lower and I think I need a second on the other side to get rid of any more shadows...

So if you're wondering why the difference between colours sticks out so much, that's why. I should have the problem fixed in no time. IRL it's not that apparent and the white isn't nearly as visible. And there isn't that huge black area under the arm...;o

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here we go, no level adjustments in photoshop!

Got the lighting down!

Reactions: DavidWC09

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
First model ever done, eh? Very nice, indeed.

Have you tried applying washes to smooth out the transitions between color layers?

I'd pay a bit more attention to the bows. They're a prominent feature of the model and don't look as well done as the rest of the figs.

And here's a tip, from someone who's painted almost 50 Glade Guard, paint the fletching (right word?) of the arrows differently for each unit. Give one red feathers, the next one blue feathers, another white. It makes it much easier for keeping them straight when the game's over and your dead pile is, well, a pile.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, it's more like my 30th...but like I said I had to strip the paint from the other 12 GG I did and I made 12 DE Spearmen and 3 DE Black Guard several years ago when I was like 12 yrs old...

so I guess it's my 28th model total...

The other 12 I had the bright idea of base coating white and paiting all of them at the same time...bad idea...I ended up saying "Screw it!" But ended up hating the low quality they ended up as. So now I'm redoing them like this one.

GW doesn't have any orange washes do they?

I'm skeptical about using washes. And as I said, they change isn't anywhere as apparent IRL, since they arn't that big...;?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts