Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As they make jetbikes for space marines I'm wondering if you would let me give one to a character for 55 points as thats what it costs for a bike and a jump pack which when used together do the same thing.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
If you have a close look at the armoury on page 6 of Codex SM, you'll notice that there already is an option to equip Space Marine independent characters with a bike.

jwu

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
D'oh, i didn't realize that he talked about JETbikes...

However, technically there shouldn't be a problem to model a jump pack as a jetbike. The model doesn't get that toughness bonus of a real jetbike then though.

jwu

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they're archive

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
They're archive for a reason: the models are useless. In a previous edition SM could have jetbikes, but not in third (as I think just about everyone knows).

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes but a model with a jump pack and a bike is the same as a model with a jet bike and they look cool

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I'm pretty sure that this in fact is legal, because GW saw no need to clarify that a character shouldn't have both jump packs and bike - because it's a horrible waste of points.

jwu

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
I bet if you ask the rulezboyz about this they'll say it's one or the other, to prevent characters ignoring terrain whilst also getting twinlinked bolters and a T bonus.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
But the roolzboys have no authority, many of them don't even play the game! They're just mail order workers.
Since there is no official ruling which forbids to have both jump packs and a bike (as far as i know), this is legal.

jwu

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
True about the roolzboyz, but I think this is one of those oversights of GW, I can't believe they intentionally allow a character to have both a bike and a jump pack.

·
Registered
959 Posts
you cant combine them, it tells you in the codex *models wearing terminator armour or riding a bike may not be given jump packs*. jet bikes for SM? if you do take it then i fully support your opponents actions in beating you up.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Sadly Space Marine jet bike models are some of the ugliest mini's out there.
They were cool to use back in the day but I'm glad they made them Eldar only. Heck back in the day, almost every army could use jet bikes.

The Harlequin Jet Bikes are the coolest mini's in my (never humble) opinion.

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
o well must have missed that

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.