Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A jetbike Farseer seems to be a popular choice, and for good reason. I'd like to include one in my army, but it would require a conversion since there is no model available.

So I was hoping that any of you who have attempted the conversion, could you post how you did it? Or perhaps even post a pic of it?

·
1,271 Posts
It's taken apart now so no pics. Also my painting skills suck so I might not show you anyway. ;) But I always thought they looked silly on jetbikes so I put them on other stuff.

I liked putting them on the rear platorm of a Vyper with a little spruage for a railing.

Though just putting them on a support weapon platform and putting that onto a flying base so it's up in the air looked pretty good I thought, and it's incredibly easy to do. It isn't even unfluffy as it's like a bigger more regal version of the board things our dark eldar cousins use all the time.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I'm not a big fan of the jetbike farseer just because having a psyker driving something doesn't make sense to me. The floating platform seems fun but a bit out of place IMO. Would giving him Swooping Hawk Wings or a Warp Jump Generator be ok or is this just too weird for a non aspect warrior?

·
1,271 Posts
Another advantage of not using the vyper is being able to use a regular jetbike base without having to worry about it tipping over. Though using too big a base/having a diorama are explicitly allowed in the rules.

To be clear I'm representing a craftworld version of the Hellion Skyboard.

Using the base of a support weapon which already has propulsion things on it though you could add something else.

The farseer covering up the little hole in the middle.

Then tack a standard pair of vehicle shuricast on the bottom so it shows between the forward wings or split it so one cat is on the underside of each wing. You probably have some around after upgrading your falcon/wave serpent to have the cannon.

Then put it on a jetbike base (or a heavier custom clear base)

Some farseer models look better than others with this. And if you want to be fancy you could angle how the farseer and the platform meet up to give a more fluid dynamic pose than the slower looking pose the old farseers give.

Personally I like it.

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
ok dont have piccis of my farseer on a bike, but here is one of my warlocks:

the conversion is essentially the same, infact the farseer is slightly easier as you can use one who already has a spear :
http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99060104090&orignav=10
(the one on the left is what I used)

The conversion is largely covered on the US GW site quite well

But gist:
The cutting is best done with a dremmel tool, quick and controllable

1. cut the farseer in half just below the waist, file it back to the point where the torso sits snugly on the bikers legs.

2. Cut off left arm under the shoulder pad. cut left hand off the arm at the wrist.

3. Pin the left arm back on in a possition related to controlling the bike (towards the handlebars) and pin a biker hand on the end

4. fill the gaps on the hand and the arm with GS

5. use sheets of GS to make the lower parts of the cloak covering the legs

6. personnaly I then cut the stub wings off the bike and replaced with swooping hawk wings and replaced the banner pole with a vien off a wave serpent

·
Registered
422 Posts
Similar idea to that already posted, but i've built up a craftworld version of the hellion board, but based it in the dark eldar hellion board, greenstuffed away a lot of the more "aggressive" parts (the wholes, filed off a few of the spikes, glued shur-cats to the bottom to represent the twin-linked) and i have a bonesinger model with a new head and a staff standing on it.

I'll post up some pics for you as inspiration if you'd like. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out (not painted yet, just primed)

·
Advocatus Diaboli
4,571 Posts

That's mine use the normal legs of a biker, the torso and arms of a DA exarch, the console of a shining spear, the head of a farseer, the guardian "communication arrays" and some green stuff for some short robes.

Reactions: ZhuPei

·
Registered
610 Posts
I'll have to take a pic of mine because I just finished him a couple of days ago.

Basically I used the Farseer model with the knife pointing outward (I think it is the box set one). Sawed him at the waste and used jet bike legs, I modelled him standing up and leaning forward. I used a Singing Spear arm brandished to one side, I kept the knife on the other arm, he is a Farseer he doesn't need to physically control the bike, I used Princy Iyildrin's head for a bit of character and then modelled robes out of green stuff. I am thinking of getting the banner from the new High Elf Tiranoc Chariot to go on him somewhere.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I used a Dark Eldar jetbike as the basis for mine. Used green stuff to smooth out the canopy and some of the 'sharper' bits (namely the wings). For the farseer, I used the original Dark Eldar rider with a Farseer head and a green stuff cape to cover it's back. The right arm I replaced with the long power weapon from the Dire Avenger sprue. Overall it looks pretty nice and dynamic, very similar to the new Eldar jetbike design that showed up a little while ago. The green stuff work was all pretty easy (in case you're, like me, not terribly talented with it).

Good luck

·
Registered
278 Posts
I've made 2, both female.

One I made using the Bretonnian Fay Echantress model with a farseer head (w/ long strands of hair flowing out) and farseer arm, she sits sidesaddle on her bike. Don't have a camera, but If I can find one, I'll post some pics.

The other I made using a classic mounted Bretonnian Sorceress body, remving the head and using the jetbike rider's head instead.

At this point, I'm work on several other conversions to make more for my apocalypse size army. There are really a large variety of ways to make a good mounted farseer. I think the main problem is to make sure they look enough like an Eldar. Usually not too hard, a head transplant or use of some Eldarish armor can make a lot of models have that feel.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone, the pics are great and you've given me some good ideas.
I think the easiest way would be to get the farseer model with the spear and have him standing on the dark eldar skyboard. Do you think anyone would have issue with that? Since it technically is not a bike.

Otherwise I'll take the more ambitious route and chop up the farseer and mount him on the jetbike legs.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I use the bonesinger model and say he is on a jetbike... Its a stretch, but Im so stinking busy painting/ modeling/ converting from all the Apoc formations that I don't have time to convert one. I do, however, like the weapons platform for a base cause I have a few extra that I can use. Also, I can't see wasting a vyper to be a mount for my Farseer, but that is just cause Im a cheap bastardo.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm in the process of modifying my Tau Drones, as well as acquiring a few more, to make myself an army of drones which I'll proxy as jetbikes and Swooping Hawks. It's a hellofalot cheaper, and IMO better looking. And who can say no to a cheap way of converting frisbees o' death0:

·
Registered
502 Posts
Do you think they'll ever release jetbike farseer/warlock models? Cause I'd love to start a jetbike army, but don't trust myself to convert and I really think a single jetbike for $15 is just ridiculous. So I'm really hoping that sometime in the future we'll get a box set and that the farseer will get the same treatment the autarch did.

·
Registered
379 Posts
So how hard would it be to convert a high elf or wood elf on a mount and give him a farseer head/spear and slap him on a jetbike?

·
Advocatus Diaboli
4,571 Posts
So how hard would it be to convert a high elf or wood elf on a mount and give him a farseer head/spear and slap him on a jetbike?
Not overly difficult, but it would depend on which models you had in mind.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I guess which one would guys think would fit on there the best with as little cutting and chopping as possible (im prone to harming myself, clumsy clumsy me).

The High elf mage on a mount looks great but he is kinda rocked forward. And the wood elf lords on mounts look good to be they are a bit spikey. But then again my eldar are kind of a pirate/outcast theme to them.

What do you guys think?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.