Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Landlord
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading through the Blood Frenzy rules, you don't roll for the Extra Movement vehicles, dreadnought, bikes or models using flight.
But what about a Chaos Lord on a Juggernaut?

It appears he would have to roll for the Blood Frenzy to move the additional d6", but would also still receive the benefit of the 12" charge. Have I missed something here? It seems I could have a model make from a 19-24" move assuming he can reach close combat in a turn.

Clarification would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Ok, i haven't read the rules yet, but as I enterprit it.

He moves as normal, plus the d6" if he makes it possible, and then he is able to charge the further 12".

Normally it would say if this was illegal, so I mean it's correct as you enterprit it...

Kasutta!

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Here's how it works:
A Juggernaut is a Steed. Models that have a Steed still roll for Blood Frenzy, so the Lord mounted on the Juggernaut can move 6" plus D6" if he frenzies. BUT (this is important) the Juggernaut, while a Steed, isn't Cavalry so you move like infantry (6" charge). This gives you a maximum assault range of 18" at the start of the turn (if you're very lucky).

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Chaos Q&Av2:
Q: How does the combination of Beserker Glaive and Blood Rage work when your character has Daemonic Flight? Notably does he fly faster when subject to Blood Rage.
A: Flight has precedence, rage will not make a jup pack fly faster. The other Blood Rage effects do continue to apply though. Similar logic applies to other special movement modes, in each case no extra movement is gained due to Blood Frenzy"

jwu

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
But a Juggernaut doesn't give a special movement mode. I know some people expect it to be cavalry as it is a steed, but it boosts a few stats, the character riding it will keep his 6" move 6" assault infantry move. As the Juggernaut has no influence on the movement of the character riding it, the character would still roll for Blood Frenzy and can potentially move an additional 6".

Just for the record, characters with a Juggernaut (or any steed for that matter) cannot use the Berserker Glaive (but my winged Daemon Prince can :twisted: )

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Ok, my bad...
under these circumstances i'd say that blood frenzy still works - this Q&A literally only deals with special movement things. The "fact" that the juggernaut walks and the rider, well, just rides and doesn't move on his own anymore is fluff, not a special movement.

jwu

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.