Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was think of using Harker in a vet squad and i was wondering if he was good for what he does and what is the best way to equip the squad he's with.

·
Registered
15 Posts
There are a couple things you can do with him:

Outflank a vet squad with Harker and 3 X melta and/or demolitions and wreck fire support in your opponent's backfield. If you give his squad a chimera your opponent will have to dedicate a decent amount of firepower towards them if he wants them gone. They can also tank shock onto the board that way, and fire the heavy flamer into any infantry squads that are nearby.

Infiltrate a squad with an autocannon or lascannon and Harker on an objective in cover. They have stealth, so they get a 3+ cover save, 2+ if they go to ground. You might want to give them a meltagun as well so that enemy tanks will be somewhat afraid of going near them. 3 X grenade launcher and autocannon loadout could also work pretty well, they would be able to threaten light vehicles and light infantry that way.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought about demolitions and melta guns, i completely forgot about outflanking though so that could work out very well

·
Registered
470 Posts
Vet Squad - Harker, autocannon, 3x grenade launchers 150 points

Sit them on an objective in cover. 2+ cover save while putting out a lot of medium strength AP4 fire.

·
Lord Cupcake of Senteria
396 Posts
2+ cover save while putting out a lot of medium strength AP4 fire.

Why would it be 2+? Camo Cloaks give the unit the Stealth USR, as does Harker, and I'm quite certain that it doesn't stack.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Why would it be 2+? Camo Cloaks give the unit the Stealth USR, as does Harker, and I'm quite certain that it doesn't stack.
Yes, but you can go-to-ground for a +1 cover save. Which turns the 3+ into a 2+.

If you're canny, you go to ground in your opponent's turn and then use an order to get back up in your turn. It's very annoying to your opponent. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts