Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just had a thought this could be a terrible list just want peoples feelings.

Lord, Shield bearers, Great weapon, 2 runes of Iron, 1 rune of fortitude, 3 runes of warding.
316pts (this guy is to smash face S6 T7 W6 A4 Save 2+ 4++)

Heros

Thane, Great Weapon, BSB, Master Rune of Grungni.
156pts

Engineer, Great weapon, rune of stone
81pts

Engineer, Great Weapon, Rune of stone
81pts

Core

28 Warriors, Great weapons, Standard, Champion (general here 6x5)
300pts

29 warriors, Great Weapons, Standard, Champion (thane here 6x5)
310pts

Special

2 Gyrocopters xxx

Cannon Rune of burning
125pts

2 Grudge throwes xxx

Rare

Organ Gun, rune of accuracy, rune of burning
150pts

Organ Gun, Rune of accuracy
145pts

Total 1984pts

So engineers go with organ guns at the front in middle of the 2 units of warriors the gyros go to the flanks and the rest of the artillary behind the line.

Taking it to 2.5k i would add a unit hammers with stubbon standard and rune priests

·
Fanatic
882 Posts
I would drop the gyros and grab rune of penetrating and one rune of burning on the throwers. Any pts left over could upgrade unit sizes or give the engineers a brace of pistols each and set them just in the way of charges, stand and shoot plus great weapon (Dwarf master engineers are stupid good and they cost 5 or 10 pts more than the empire ones).

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about the flanks? Yeah I would have liked runes of penetrating but I need some distraction and flank guards chalf and something that moves

·
Fanatic
882 Posts
Organ guns are the best flank guards in the army. Granted you then have no chaff but do you really need it?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Isn't it a waste using that str 5 against chalf if I waste my shooting against chalf they are doing there job at distracting me lol

·
Fanatic
882 Posts
Good point. I know what I would do but both are a good use of points.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is the list any good though? The organ guns should cause carnage hiting on 3's or 2's at half range and re roll an artillary dice should avoid misfires :) not sure if i should bother with the stone throwers as i can't boost the strenght, they will be decent enough against horde stuff i guess but they are not bret trebuchets. so would it be worth dropping then for something else??

·
Fanatic
882 Posts
The list is good. I would drop one and rune up the other. Any spare pts could go towards upgrading a unitf of warriors to long beards?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The thing with stone throwers is you need to use them like a battery accuracy through volume with stone throwers you do get to cause d6 wounds like a cannon might drop cannon for 3rd stone thrower and free up some points for rune of penetrating

1 - 9 of 9 Posts