Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, I have been into warhammer for about 3 or 4 years now, but i never really got into the pre 3rd edition stuff. now I got this old codex and everything and there was a group called the squats, future dwarfs. and I just wanted to know what happened to them, since noone is allowed to talk about them on the official forums. Please tell me, im very curious.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Here is da ultimate story of da stunties.
The squats were a race of space dwarves in 40k. The fluff was that they were abhumans much like Ratlings and Ogryn, but the Squats had their own army list.
They liked IG weapons, bikes, trikes, and had living ancestors [ Kind of like in WF ] . They even had a squat sized suit of terminator armor called an exosuit.

The models were sub standard and they never sold very well. GW eventually droped the line of minis and their support for the army. I guess it cost more for GW to make the minis and support them than they made in profits.
Personally I liked em and the tie in with the Imperium. I think they could have lived on as a special unit for IG...

Oh well, maybe someday we will see them again, just do not bring up this topic on the GW forums...WAAAGH!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
really, well thats kinda sad, if only as many people liked them back then instead of liking them later. well thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I read somewhere in a fluff bible or something that the squats were originally "friends" with both the imperium and the eldar.
For some strange reason the eldar betrayed them to the orks... who naturally destroyed them...

They could be coming back to the game, but it's to early to say...

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
In a way, they are coming back. Anyone ever heard of 'Demiurg'? From what I've read this is a new race in development, and they're pretty much dwarves...

Btw wasn't GW's fluff explanation that the nids invaded their homeworld and wiped them out (mysteriously killing those off-world as well)?

·
Registered
178 Posts
no the dimurg are a race of humans that left in the golden age and have circum navigated the galaxy. they are humans that never had a "dark age" so they have continued to develop thier tech. they are making their way to terra. they are going to be added to BFG but its not a streach to see them ported to 40k.

·
Registered
85 Posts
That sounds awsome. humans with pre-dark age technology.

Wait a sec......Maybe they will have a STC system. I mean it would not have been destroyed like the others.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.