Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 517 Posts

·
The Future
4,848 Posts
God damn, apparently I can't rep you any more lol.

You want to hope I never develop Sylar style powers, because if I do I'm coming straight to your house and stealing your painting skills. Hopefully I can do it without removing the top of your skull but making omlettes and all that :p

·
Egg Head Miniatures:fbook
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys. Glad you like my efforts so far.

Realitycheque: I've just bought a military helmet to protect my head from you.lol

Kithre: Thanks for your input mate. I'm about to do all twelve of the SH Termies as a set and was using these first few individuals to get my hand back into painting to a high standard/learn skills. I think you can see the gems are better on Noctis than the others as I got the hang of it by the time I did him etc. Although the overall sculpts are good the staffers who made the SH termies did a few sloppy bits mostly on the backs of the models and the arm interface between the upper arm and shoulder pad. Can't do much about them sadly.

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
10,982 Posts
I'm loving the two Wolves. Logan does look very dynamic on that base and I love Njal's staff. My main love is the armour colour. Its not the typical choice of either baby blue - ala GW style, or the much used grey colour either. It suits quite well.

Nice work.

Kuffy

·
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm loving the two Wolves. Logan does look very dynamic on that base and I love Njal's staff. My main love is the armour colour. Its not the typical choice of either baby blue - ala GW style, or the much used grey colour either. It suits quite well.

Nice work.

Kuffy
Ta. Thanks indeed. I doff my cap at your supermoddedness. ;-)

Looked at the two colours that seem to be used alot and just didn't grab me. Didn't look cold enough for my liking. So devised my own. Not that I'm biased in any way but I like mine the most. lol. Also meant I could get some nice contrast against the warmed colours.

·
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Update for today. I've been working on 12 SH Termies so here are the first two completed. Learned alot about painting red and gems with my earlier ones.

I also had to do a simple bit of conversion with Scipio as his PF pulling up the desking look shocking origionally. As I've spent more time paint SH Termies I've grow to realise that if you look past the detail the basic models are apallingly bad sculpts.

·
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I must agree on the sculpts. Im painting five now, Scipios left foot is a big smudge. GW definately worked the photos to show the best models from the best angles!

Nice work, the conversion is ver smooth. Red is horrible to paint. Im using inks and washes to get a deep dark feel to mine.

Dan
Yea, the sculpts are quite poor. The photos I've taken aren't quite showing the colour right. My reds are tonally a bit darker. Not too deep but just that bit richer.

Good luck with yours.

1 - 20 of 517 Posts