Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok... i had previosly played DE then decided to revert To Chaos... then recently decided the new chaos codex is gargabe(it decimated my startegies and playing style)... anyways i have the majority of my army and i would like if i could get some input on it and maybe some suggestions for improvement in any failed areas...

1st off i like to base my armies to fight any style of play... regardless of my opponent so i usually take some type of unit to fight off any unit i need taken care of...

well here is my list...(like the "boogey man suggested earlier i based it around destroying the enemies moral which is always fun!)

Barakhar Tyrant Of Nightmares (140)
Agonizer
Splinter Pistol
Combat Drugs
Plasma Grenades
Trophy Rack
Gruesome Talisman
Shadow Field
Mask Of The Damned (Ld Test Or No Assault)
(archon)

Tzul’Ze And The Punishers (268)
8 Incubi
1 Incubi Master
Webway
Xenospasm

RAIDER--60--
Scaling nets, Horror fex

Bael Maestro Of Agony (175)
Urien Rakarth
5 uber grotesques as a retinue

RAIDER--60--
Horror Fex

Shadow Hand of Barakhar
Mandrake Champion

Cult Of Screams
10 Wyches
Wych Weapons

(3)Harbingers Of The Broken Soul
5 Warriors
1 Splinter Cannon
RAIDER
Slave Snares, Horror Fex

(2)Harbingers Of The Broken Mind
5 Warriors
1 Dark Lance
RAIDER
Horror Fex, Slave Snares

Enforcers Of The Tyrant
5 Hellions
Succubus
terrorfex

Barakhars Punishers
5 Reaver Jet bikes
2 Blasters

Barakhars Punishers
5 Reaver Jet bikes
2 Blasters

Wings Of Anarchy
5 Scourges
4 splinter Cannons

Claw Of Anarchy
Ravager
3 Disentigrators

Now take in mind this is 2 force organization charts in 1 list. this is aprox 2000pts and me and some friends have planned a 2v2v2 soon and this was the list i was gonna use...
feel free to give input whether it be negative or positive id like some advice!8Y

Locura

·
the mandrake
352 Posts
Hey hey, this should probably be put in the Army Lists section...
Anyway, welcome to LO mate, kudos on giving your units cool names!! I can never think of good ones..
Firstly, I would tone down the HQ. Its a little overkill at the moment. Drop the incubi Master and maybe a couple of incubi and give your Wyches a raider instead! They WILL get shot to bits if they foot-slog it. Also, a succubus with agoniser will make them deadlier in cc. Personally, I love the Reaver tank hunting squads, and 3 dissie ravagers are great. I would try and get some more warriors on the table though, they really are great, 10 with 2 Lances are awesome anti tank 'sniper' squads. As to the special characters, I've never used them so i'll leave it to the REAL experts:D

Anyway, good luck.

·
Dawn Under Heaven
2,971 Posts
Broken Nightmares... So they're like unscary nightmares? Or do they just wind up like dreams? Or is that the same thing? :p

"They'll force a fate worse than death upon us, dreams of bunnies!"

·
Kut Maar Krachtig
4,014 Posts
Broken Nightmares... So they're like unscary nightmares? Or do they just wind up like dreams? Or is that the same thing? :p

"They'll force a fate worse than death upon us, dreams of bunnies!"
That's what i thought, broken nightmares is quite positive, as broken dreams is something negative :p

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hahaah i guess i ment for it to be the people are broken? and they enforce nightmares? idk haha anyways. the witches squads were actually meant to be inside the webway. and i honestly never thought of using DE warriors... ill definetly take that into consideration.. and i apologize for misplaceing the thread!

·
Dark Eldar Zealot
3,699 Posts
Hi,
Seems no one is taking you seriously here so there are few issues on army composition I believe –

1. Your Incubi Retinue is absolutely huge! It is unlikely to be fully used in a 6 turn game and to date I have never seen an Incubi Master used effectively in a game as its over 40 pts for a 1 wound model.
2. The webway is gifted to the Incubi Master who has no Fleet of Foot and only a Raider to obtain serious movement, now you do realize that you cannot deploy the portal whilst embarked? This leaves you very vulnerable with a fully laden Raider for at least a turn before activation.
3. What is a “Mandrake Champion?”
4. 10 Wyches with no Succubus? The Wyches reason for being is to support a Succubus with an Agoniser and the squad is very ineffective without one.
5. 5 Reavers with 2 blasters to me is wasting points on 2 splinter rifle armed bikes that you don’t need to have. You may find that in a game these squads are Kamikaze in nature and have only one run at armour before they are destroyed. Splinter shots wont make a difference at all and the extra “wounds” afforded by 50pts is not effective.
6. The rest I can run with.

This of course is just my opinion here, thanks for your time.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi,
Seems no one is taking you seriously here so there are few issues on army composition I believe –

1. Your Incubi Retinue is absolutely huge! It is unlikely to be fully used in a 6 turn game and to date I have never seen an Incubi Master used effectively in a game as its over 40 pts for a 1 wound model.
2. The webway is gifted to the Incubi Master who has no Fleet of Foot and only a Raider to obtain serious movement, now you do realize that you cannot deploy the portal whilst embarked? This leaves you very vulnerable with a fully laden Raider for at least a turn before activation.
3. What is a “Mandrake Champion?”
4. 10 Wyches with no Succubus? The Wyches reason for being is to support a Succubus with an Agoniser and the squad is very ineffective without one.
5. 5 Reavers with 2 blasters to me is wasting points on 2 splinter rifle armed bikes that you don’t need to have. You may find that in a game these squads are Kamikaze in nature and have only one run at armour before they are destroyed. Splinter shots wont make a difference at all and the extra “wounds” afforded by 50pts is not effective.
6. The rest I can run with.

This of course is just my opinion here, thanks for your time.

thank you! haha anyways umm i was informed scaling nets allows u to jump out mid move without moving again their for allowing you to DROP the webway

mandrake champion is decapitator
and i found i didnt have enough points but thanfully the amount of negative input ive received for it obviusly suggests I NEED A SUCCUBUS WITH AN AGONIZER lol

and i didnt understand the whole reaver jet bike thing with the splinter rifles? were you suggesting dum down the unit?

and regardless
THANK YOU VERY MUCH wickywacky
you've given me a change of heart and i will be revising my list some what:party2:

·
Dark Eldar Zealot
3,699 Posts
thank you! haha anyways umm i was informed scaling nets allows u to jump out mid move without moving again their for allowing you to DROP the webway

mandrake champion is decapitator
and i found i didnt have enough points but thanfully the amount of negative input ive received for it obviusly suggests I NEED A SUCCUBUS WITH AN AGONIZER lol

and i didnt understand the whole reaver jet bike thing with the splinter rifles? were you suggesting dum down the unit?

and regardless
THANK YOU VERY MUCH wickywacky
you've given me a change of heart and i will be revising my list some what:party2:

Hi again,
The portal activation replaces moving and shooting and since there is movement in “jumping out” it can’t be activated that turn. We would all like it to be so but it would overpower the use of the portal.

I guessed that the Mandrake Champion indeed was the Decapitator but I wanted to hear this from you to make sure!

The Reaver issue is that your squad will be less effective the more you mix the weaponry and you have no choice but to include at least 1 splinter rifle along with the 2 blasters in order to satisfy the minimum squad size and include the maximum number of weapons upgrades. But any more rifles will only increase what is not effective against blaster targets. If you want more rifle shots then it’s far cheaper just to use warriors.

In 40K its always more effective to spend more points on expensive models and less points on cheaper models. Reavers are not cheap so you should maximize the percentage of their upgrades as much as possible and the theory of enlarging the squad size to provide “extra wounds” becomes disproportionately worse as the points cost increases.

An accepted effective “Tank Hunter” squad is 3 Reavers (2 with blasters) and an effective close combat squad starts at 5 Reavers (1 is a Succubus armed with a power weapon) and the rest of the squad really can be classed as ablative armour here.
This can be improved with an attached Independent Character on a Reaver bike that adds much needed punch and again you really have to maximize those weapons and attacks so that the points spent here affective.

So I am saying don’t dumb down the unit but to maximize the number of what is effective in that squad, if its anti armour its 2 blasters and just minimum legally required rifles (and if you want more than this then just take 2 of these squads) or if its anti troop the maximum number of characters should be used, at least a Succubus with a power weapon and preferably an attached Independent Character ( if you want more than this I would differ and seriously look at other troop options as its too many eggs in one basket) – its all about the quality and quantity of attacks when you spend that amount of points.

I hope that’s a bit clearer or if not then just PM me and I will happily rave on further!

Cheers.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Just 2 cents

I know you got negative feedback on the mandrake champion. I just wanted to say that if you tried to run the list as is, you would end up with 3 HQ's (Arcon, Master Haem, Mandrake champ). This is illegal in a standard FoC.

I'm quickly finding out that scissorhand is worse then agonizer, so I agree with the the suggestion that you need to put a succubus in with your wyches, with an agonizer.

I can see why you wanted to have a incubi master, but for the point cost, like everyone here is saying, don't do it. Add it to you HQ because he/she doesn't have many shooting options. I think it will work, you have about 80pts on him already, adding xenospasm to him will not over budget him as far as how much wargear you can place on a model.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Broken Nightmares...Well I chose to name my DE The Kabal of the Crippled Lotus. They are dark brown with yellow helmets, highlighted areas. I guess DE Kabal names often include some description of maimed nouns, yeah?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i guess only you and i understand.... lol
but also
as i said above im running 2 FoC in this list which i came across in the rule book and it NOT illegal by any means...;Y

·
Dawn Under Heaven
2,971 Posts
Actually it is. Multiple detachments is strictly opponent's permission, and the rulebook suggests saving it for particularly large games (specifically 2500pts and above). These games have mostly just been replaced with the new Apocalypse rules set which are specifically designed to handle 3k and above games.

Just by taking a quick glance over your army, I doubt its total worth is higher than 2k, at which point your regular tournament game/random pick up game would only use one FOC.

Just something you should consider IMO. Of course if your local group is cool with you using multiple detachments then that's easily dealt with, but just be warned you probably won't be able to enter this particular army in many tournaments.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well actually last game i played i decided thet decapitator isnt worth 112 points
so i revised my list
and endded up
commin short 25 pts and uprgarded units accordingly
lol
so i wanna thank everyone who contributed!8Y

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.