Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
A legend in my own mind.
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got some money and decided to get maybe a Phoenix lord. I've narrowed down the ones I like to Karandras and Fuegan but I only got money for one. Any suggestions for what to get, and please no suggestions saying about forgoing them for eldrad or an avatar, I beat you at that and got Eldrad and I dont have enough money for an avatar.

·
1,059 Posts
I second the Fuegan choice. Neither is massively competitive because of having no invulnerable save but fuegan will attack at initiative with str 5 and will be at 6+ 2d6 against vehicles so he is fairly mean. Karandras does more damage but at I 1 because of the fist, so it is possible (very possible against multiple power weapon units) that he will die before he swings. I also like Maugen Ra as he has a great gun and has str 6 powerweapon attacks at initiative.

·
1,273 Posts
That depends on your style of play. karandas will enhance a scorpion squad to a monster in CC. 3+ saves in area terrain, fearless, 2 powerclaws with a total of 10 atacks on charge you have a beast that has a big target on it`s forehead. You NEED to charge with this one and position karandas so he will not take any force weapons or other nasty on his head before he swings his claw. Fuegan is another story. You can use it for terminator/land raider hunting team. But his abilities does not upgrade a squad of fire dragons so much as karandas the scorpions. I find Fuegan better in a Dire avengers squad with defend ability or in a banshee squad.

Neither is competitive, even i saw Karandas more in some pretty succesful lists.

I would say pick the one you like more either as a style of play of look of the mini

·
A legend in my own mind.
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Uh yea i dont think They can join avenger squads as they are of a different aspect. Out of the two i like Karandras slightly better. I use both scorpions and Dragons as they are my two favorite aspects. I feel fielding them both covers both extremes of the game, anti infrantry and anti tank/MEQ

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I saw get whatever one you have an aspect squad of.

If you have both get karandras. Fire Dragons can always do their job without help. Sometimes scorps cant do as much as youd like.

·
1,273 Posts
yeah you are right..i forgot that they cannot join other aspects. Then Fuegan is even less useful in a grand battle plan. He can only join a foot warlock squad to be trully effective and protected. or a fire dragons squad with a flamer exarch for some versatility but very effective in my style.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Id say karendras becuase you can infiltrate him by himself. Its pretty easy to hide 1 model when trying to infitrate at 12'', but its hard to do with more then one. And if im going first i use him to pop tanks, move through cover, fleet, and charge he has a mean charge range with a 2+ save and 3+ while in cover. ive had good luck agianst ig and going first, destrotying 3 leman russes 1st turn becuase i went first and aassaulted them with karendras. e

·
Registered
7 Posts
i would go with fuegan but, when you send out a fire dragon squad to take out a tank, how much of the time do they succeed and do they really need 200p hq with them? where karandras would be better because you usually send scorpians against loads of people where dragons are usually 1-5. if you think about it like:
6 dragon can kill a tank, is the 200p gonna do anything?
6 scorpians 24 attacks, the 200p gets u another 6 i think so u can take out a lot more out of a big squad.

i think karandras would be a better pick because he can contribute more.

i know you said dont suggest other ones, but Asurmen is better pick!! he is the only one with an invunerable and is generally awesome.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.