Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well a long time ago it started with this:

http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/projects/112823-kendos-deathwing-terminators-pic-hvy.html

I am making good progress on all of these guys, but have one problem with just continuing the thread. That being....I have quite a bit more stuff to share then just these guys. SO!!!! I have decided to start a new with my DA's, Eldar, and all the other stuff that I work on from here on out. To kick off the new thread I have taken it upon myself to compile and inventory list of all the models that I have to paint, and all the wonderful things that you will be seeing along the way! I am only posting what has not been done or started right now with pics of the started/finished ones coming later. Without further adu lets start with the Dark Angels:

To be painted:

Azrael
Deathwing Terms
-5x Lightning Claws
-3 chainfist, 1 heavy flamer, 1 cyclone missile launcher

Compay Veterans (build uncertain at this time but might be like this)
-3x combi-meltas, meltagun, 2x BP/CS

Scouts
-5xBP/CCW, 4x snipers, 1 ML

Tactical Marines
-4x ML, HB, 2x PC, 1 flamer, 1 meltagun, 2 vets, 8 bolters

Assault Squad
-Vet PP/PW, 2x PP, 7 BP/CS

Ravenwing
-Vet PW, Vet PF, 2x meltagun, 2x plasmagun, 3 normal
-Attack Bike MM or HB
-Landspeeder AC/MM or HB, Landspeeder Typhoon/MM or HB, Landspeeder MM or HB

And now the Eldar:

Farseer
-Singing Spear

Fuegan

Fire Dragons
-Exarch w/firepike
-5x normal

Striking Scorpions
-Exarch w/scorp claw
-5x normal

Howling Banshees
-Exarch w/executioner
-4x normal

Dire Avengers
-2x Exarch w/ dual cats
-18 normal

Pathfinders
-5 normal

Jet bikes
-shuriken cannon
-4 normal

Viper Jetbike
-shuriken cannon

So there it is all the stuff thats sitting around awaiting to be painted. The current project is the Lightning Claw unit of Terminarors. The Vet is started with pics to come. Next I actually think that I am going to paint the Striking Scorpions. This mainly to switch it up from the color Bone of the Terms that I have been painting for quite some time. I have time so skipping around doesnt bother me ya know.

Now for the other stuff. Just a taste of what I have been up to lately too is this:

This is my first warhammer gaming table(with my wife in the background futzing with the wet paint lol). It is 4'x4'. It cost me a total of < $20 bucks. Partly because I work at a hardware store i can get a lot of the stuff for very cheap. I used a 4x4 birch plywood top, reinforced the bottom with skid runners that I got for free, and painted the top with an indoor flat paint with sand texture added to it. All in all I think it looks great. I am now keeping my eye out for a damaged sheet of 2" styrofoam insulation board to cut out hills. Also watching the packing that comes off appliances to see if there is anything I can use for Terrain.

Well I hope that some of your mouths are starting to water cause mine is thinking of all the goodies that are going to come out of this thread lol Hope you all enjoy, and I will update as soon as I get more pics!

·
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, I think I'm following this
Thanks man, hope I don't disappoint.

Now tonight I didnt have time to paint. Well I did paint but not WH. My wife and I spent the evening painting the walls in her Bakery instead. So I got home and took some snap shots of some started models, some older some newer. They all will be revisited in the new future for all the finishing touches. But here they are as they stand, enjoy!

This model is the first 40k model I ever bought and painted. That was like 10 years ago lol, and its still not finished. With all the stop playing and then playing I did it just never got done.

And I got this Farseer when the model first came out. He needs based correctly as I have learned a lot about basing since being on LO honestly. Some detail work and would be totally done.

This is a partially done Landspeeder. I really wanted to do something different with them. I simply did a base coat of Black, highlight with Boltgun Metal and Mithriel Silver. Did the seats and some other details in Red and skulls in White/Bone. I think when I totally finish all 3 of these that I have they will look awesome!

Same with the Ravenwing Veteran w/PF and his bike

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Now that's a nice bunch of pics :)

I agree that you should be redoing the Farseer's base, but other than that it looks fine to me. Your painting looks very precise, even if the pic is a bit blurry.

On the Ravenwing, I'd do future models with a slightly darker edge highlighting.

Looks good, waiting for more!
LS

·
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LoreSeeker said:
Now that's a nice bunch of pics :)

I agree that you should be redoing the Farseer's base, but other than that it looks fine to me. Your painting looks very precise, even if the pic is a bit blurry.

On the Ravenwing, I'd do future models with a slightly darker edge highlighting.

Looks good, waiting for more!
LS
Yeah I am taking all my pics with my phone because it takes better pics than my camera haha

So the LC Vet is under way

Also got a great phone call yesterday while panting. I have been driving 30min to the nearest game store to play WH. A guy here in my town just opened a game store and I made up flyers to hang up looking for local players. I'd called to say there are 4 people interested! They are all new players but just getting people into something that I have so much fun with is great!! I am meeting with them today!

·
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LoreSeeker
I'd probably go with blue power weapon blades.
I did indeed decide to go with blue for the LC's. I am practicing a lightning effect to do on them too which should be cool.

As of painting there has not been a tone as of late. No pics atm but will have some up of everything within the next couple days.

The Sergent is pretty much done and the main armor on the second of the LC unit is started. I really need to paint something new after these guys as I am finding a lack of motivation. Not because I dont like them, but because this will make 15 that I have painted in a row. I see the color bone in my sleep now haha
I finally bought a sheet of foamboard and started making terrain to go with the Game Table. Today I also gave the game table its first ever batter. Which ended in a DA WIN!!!! I will have a battle report put up for that here soon.
Finally work on the model that I will be entering into the painting contest has started too. She is pretty cool if I do say so myself.

·
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not a lot to show for the time I have been away from my projects. Work on the Terminators has haulted for the time being. I think I was getting bored painting them and the quality was going down. Here is where the serg stands right now, I will revisit him later to finish up:

I have moved onto my striking scorpions. Aside from Terminators they are my second favorit unit in the game. They are one of the reasons I started collecting Eldar as well! When thinking of a paint scheme though I really never liked the all green look. I just though that defeated the purpose of a stealthy unit. Also, I looked at a lot of pictures of real Scorpions. When under a black light some of the glow the green color that is most common on these guys. However they are black in any other light. That is what I wanted. I combined the two looks with black armor, green helmet, gold/yellow, and finally some bone to add some contrasting color. And here is what they look like:

So thats where I am at the moment. I have started two more scorpions atm, and am planning a little variation on the colors for the Exarch. Till then

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
That serg looks solid to me, with a few touch ups it will be a very nice looking mini. But apart from that what strikes me the most (pun not intended) are your Striking Scorpions: that colour scheme works so much better that the regular GW one, IMO. The yellow and red details add some nice detail making the piece even more interesting. Keep it up!

Rep!
LS

·
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LoreSeeker said:
That serg looks solid to me, with a few touch ups it will be a very nice looking mini. But apart from that what strikes me the most (pun not intended) are your Striking Scorpions: that colour scheme works so much better that the regular GW one, IMO. The yellow and red details add some nice detail making the piece even more interesting. Keep it up!

Rep!
LS
Thanks a lot Lore. Much appreciated.

Just a quick update on the Exarch. Got some more detail done, arms glued on, and scorpion claw worked on.

·
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
LoreSeeker said:
On a side note, too bad so many Eldar models are still metal. But anyways.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that finds this a little annoying. The Exarch has a dangly piece on the end of his sword that broke off because it was metal. However I will need to get 5 more of the scorps and banshees before they go and change the models on me!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I'm glad I'm not the only one that finds this a little annoying. The Exarch has a dangly piece on the end of his sword that broke off because it was metal. However I will need to get 5 more of the scorps and banshees before they go and change the models on me!
I have yet to find somebody who doesn't hate metal troops. It's ok for characters, but definitely annoying on other models. Plastic is so much easier to work with, paint chips off less and should a plastic mini fall it wouldn't detonate as metals do. I understand your grief with metal "ranks and files", my White Lions, Sword Masters and Phoenix Guards (approx 60 models) are all non-plastic.
On a side note, I don't see Eldar being rereleased so soon, I guess you're quite safe from that point of wiew ;)

Cheers,
LS

·
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
LoreSeeker said:
Getting better and better! I'm more and more convinced you nailed the scheme for the Striking Scorpions.
Thanks, I am very glad that my vision of these turned out clear, and translated well onto the models!

Fantasticmrfox said:
Hey Kendo - What's the medium you're using for basing? The dark green stuff in particular....
I use a simple mix. I take thick modeling grass you can get at any hobby store

Mix it with grass powder and there ya go

Some people think its too plain but I have always liked the look!

1 - 20 of 160 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.