Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after I posted my thread about motivation it has happened. I read all your comments, looked at a lot of pics, read a lot of articles and I am now motivated to start painting my Deathwing Terminator squad. These pics are just to kick off the starting process. I got all the models set out and my paints and table organized. I started painting one of them the other day so you all can get a basic idea of the paint scheme.

Lets start with the table set up and work area:

A closer look at the area. Those are the 5 Terms that will be the theme of this thread. I am actually going to use magnets on the Assault cannon/heavy flamer arm for versatility. The Land raider is not currently on the plate for painting but will be later....way later lol. Oh and that is my Belial model in the background, I keep him out for inspiration too.

A look at the D-Term Captain that I started. I found that the foundation paint works just fine as my basecoat. I am using Calthan Brown. For the first coat on the armor I am using a mix of Calthan Brown/Bleached Bone. I mixed it approx 25%Calthan/75%Bleached. I just mixed it right in one of the bleached bone bottle and it worked out awesome for consistancy on all the models and longevity of the paint mix. I will then do all the highlights with 100%Bleached Bone and Skull White (highlights not yet added in photo).

So, I will most likely get started on the basecoating this weekend sometime. I am going to paint all of the bodies first start to finish. Then all of the power fist arms with shoulder pads. Then all the storm bolter arms with shoulder pads. Finish them all off with the bases. I know to some its unorthodox to do bases last but thats how I started doing it and it works for me. I will update as often as I can, and I hope that you guys enjoy the project too. I am really looking forward to it.

As always comments welcome :)

·
Kut Maar Krachtig
4,014 Posts
You're colours are looking good: smooth and a nice hue.
I just think it's an outrage you beheaded a dwarfen stormtroopers and put his helmet on display in your room.

·
Wher dat naked blue chik?
1,646 Posts
Looks great (that means a lot coming from a guy who hates the white DW). I think you need to put another pic of just your leader model. Does that terminator have wings?

Your workspace is too neat. You need to spill at least 10 drops of paint, scatter 2 handfulls of bits, and tip over your brush rack before you can continue. What kind of painter are you :p

·
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok first off I dont know if you guys can tell but that is actually a Giant Pez Dispensor with the clone helmet on top. I think it holds......like 12 full pez candy packages. I love that thing

Second, I agree that my table is clean....very clean. That is actually because I got it for Christmas this year. Give it some time and it will look like I actually paint on it hahaha

Third the Belial model that you refered to is actually a model that I spent some time on. I would like to strip it down and repaint it because I was not happy with the turnout AT ALL. The paint is too thick, lines are not crisp, nothing that you guys can't notice yourselves. It is a space marine commander in term armor, Logan Grimnar arm with the Emporers Champion sword. I like him a lot, very imposing figure on the table. Here are some pics of him

·
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok this weekend has proven to be a lot busyer than i had originally planned so I wont be getting as much done as I would have liked. This morning I just got some basic undercoating done ont he 4 remaining D-terms and did a little detailing on the captain:

My work schedule is very favorable to get started on the bulk of the armor painting this week so hopfully by Wed I can get the majority of that done and can move onto detailing in the coming days.

·
Kut Maar Krachtig
4,014 Posts
Hehehe, pez, i haven't eaten that since 1992 :p. I'm gonna buy some now, actually! :p

·
Master of the Crab Women
1,007 Posts
Well to be honest with you I did not have any idea what the symbol was I just thought it looked cool. What does it stand for exactly. And if its a Grey Knight thing then I will most likely think of changing it
To answer this, the great Jaffar has requested I provide a conduit to his thoughts:

Jaffar_Hasad said:
Dark Angels are hugely anti-Inquisition (=][= mean inquisition btw). The symbol currently makes no sense, and that shoulder pad is usually reserved for the chapter symbol (broken sword with wings in DW case). The other pad is for the terminator honours (the skull with cross).
There.

·
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well update 2-10-08 is here.

I have finished modeling the deathwing shoulderpad for my captain, painted it up, finished some more detailing/painting on him, and started on the armor of the other terminators. All in all giving the time that I have actually had to paint the past four days I am pleased with the progress.

Now to what people really wanna see, the pics.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Your termies looks good so far. Can't wait to see the finished result, since I've always had a problem painting DW armour... I finally ended up painting my DWs in green (heresy, I know...). But at least with their left shoulderpad painted bone with the red winged sword emblem.

·
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well Sadly I have no update really for the termies. I have not had free time to paint the past couple weeks due to work and planning for my wedding. Ya know if someone had told me how much time actually went into planning the wedding of your dreams.......i might have second thought it lol. I mean Warhammer.....or wedding.....warhammer.....or wedding.....

Anyway, This week is going to be crunch time. I am off today and tomorrow and work 7-4 Wed, Thur, Fri and I am off Sat Sun. So I am in good shape to get a lot done.

I have worked on some terrain in my free time with my fiance though. I will get some pics up of that for you guys.

I also want to put in a special thanks to Cyric the Mad. His Dark Angels projects are really and inspiration to me at this point in time. So if you read this Cyric, Thanks.

·
Master of the Crab Women
1,007 Posts
Well Sadly I have no update really for the termies. I have not had free time to paint the past couple weeks due to work and planning for my wedding. Ya know if someone had told me how much time actually went into planning the wedding of your dreams.......i might have second thought it lol. I mean Warhammer.....or wedding.....warhammer.....or wedding.....

Anyway, This week is going to be crunch time. I am off today and tomorrow and work 7-4 Wed, Thur, Fri and I am off Sat Sun. So I am in good shape to get a lot done.

I have worked on some terrain in my free time with my fiance though. I will get some pics up of that for you guys.

I also want to put in a special thanks to Cyric the Mad. His Dark Angels projects are really and inspiration to me at this point in time. So if you read this Cyric, Thanks.
Oh cool. Congrats on your wedding.

·
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Alright progress is progress not matter how little it may be. Here is what we got so far as of Yesterday.

First up did a little more on the captain. Painted the cybernetic eye, started the bolter, and painted up te sword.

Next a line up of the guys in variouse stages of completion. I am currently concentrating on the Assalt Cannon Terminator.

Another look at specifically the Assault Cannon Term. He is ready for touch up painting and all the highlighting. Then he will be ready to have his arms glued on.

A look at the arms that will be going onto him within a day or so hopfully.

Hope you enjoy the little update, those of you that have been following.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.